ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Font end steering/suspension refresh.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Front end steering/suspension refresh.

Hi everyone,

Over the winter months im looking to spruce up the bean a little bit. What I would like to do is a bit of a suspension and steering refresh but im not quite sure whats worth doing.

I was thinking about the following:

Powerflex wishbone bushes
Powerflex anti-roll bar bushes (already got dogbone)
balljoints
tracking @ CLCM

The track rod ends were done about 6 months ago as well as new driveshafts. Is there anything you guys would add/take off from that list? is it worth getting new track rods and inner track rod ends?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
  CursedTitanium 182FF
Insted of going with Powerflex wishbone bushes, I would just get new cup wishbones they come with new ball joints. You wont need the powerflex unless you are going to track it a lot.
I would say to only replace worn or faulty items.

182 cup / cup packed
Wishbone(s)(Come with ball joints) - R8200257957 / R8200257956
182 cup / cup packed front shock(s) - 8200681109
182 cup / cup packed rear shock(s) - 8200681125
Ring Adam on: 01902 439264

Front Anti Roll Bar Outer Bush 23mm - PFF60-207-23
Front Anti Roll Bar Inner Bush 25mm - PFF60-202-25

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Im about to do the same. New dampers (standard cup) springs (eibachs), ball joints, track rods ends, bushes and top mounts.

Who is Adam? He is local to me. I am after somewhere to buy some of the parts.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the advice. I wont be getting new front and rear shocks as I intend to get some Spax coilovers.

I also plan on getting into track days in the new year as the Clio is now a second car. Thanks for giving me the dimensions of the bushes though. Much appreciated!