ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For all that didnt believe 202bhp

2005 Impreza WRX STI

cool!

what mods u got mate other than ones stated if any?id love even 185 :D

ive got exhaust n de cat and bmc then getting it chipped soon!

I thought people where more on about your claimed 180bhp at the wheels?

202bhp at fly would translate to (with at least 17% - 20% transmission losses) to 168bhp at wheel with only 17% loss...your 180bhp is a bit OTT

Simon.

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Agreed, but I was just going by what the blokes told me!

Oh and please dont forget the .3 on the end of 202, all makes a difference, haha!

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Yeah i want to when i get a chance, whens the next run what ya brung at pod?

Maybe we can get a convoy going?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Unless the engine was taken out and bench tested the power at the wheels is the only one you can say is accurate.

Nippy white cup

What mods m8? Thats the kind of reading youd expect from cams headwork etc

Chris
Oops just seen it on the printout...seems v high for those mods imo...so does the peak power of 7k...but hey its there in b+W (and colour lol) Have to get it on the strip to see

[Edited by Chris nnic on 04 July 2005 at 5:28pm]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Johnc172 on 04 July 2005

Yeah i want to when i get a chance, whens the next run what ya brung at pod?

Maybe we can get a convoy going?
Quite a few people going to rtoc day at Pod 16/17th July..

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Yeah ok, wicked, ill try and get up there, try and get a mate to come with as well, he has a valver.

Never done a 1/4 mile before, should be interesting!!

172 Cup

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt that graph a little too linear!?!? Looks like someones got a ruler and made it up...

172 Cup

Do you really think i would go through all that effort just to post a pic?!?

Chill little Jonny.. Not pointing the finger at you but for all you know that rolling road could have printed a ski slope and told you it represented your car.

No one is questing you have a RR prinout showing 202hp. There a famous tunning company who can supply 210hp RR printouts to show the effects of there tunning.

Ive got a 190hp printout for a 150hp red top Corsa all it had was a IK and exhuast. Ive also seen 190hp RR printouts from stock 172s.

All we are trying to say in the real world we cannot see you realy having that much power. RR arnt that accurate a Australian magazine did tests all day with a 350Z on a RR and got figures which varied by over 10% all though the day.

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 04 July 2005

No one is questing you have a RR prinout showing 202hp. There a famous tunning company who can supply 210hp RR printouts to show the effects of there tunning.

Ive got a 190hp printout for a 150hp red top Corsa all it had was a IK and exhuast. Ive also seen 190hp RR printouts from stock 172s.

All we are trying to say in the real world we cannot see you realy having that much power. RR arnt that accurate a Australian magazine did tests all day with a 350Z on a RR and got figures which varied by over 10% all though the day.

True i suppose as i have no idea what it could look like

But its when people say ive drawn it on, i mean come on, use your noddle!

Fair point it could be wrong, but all i know is it goes like stink and can keep up with my mates 285hp 200sx from the lights up to about 130!

172beast

As Martin says, you should be running 13s up qtr mile with that sorta power and a 286bhp 200sx will certainly run 13s. Only way is to get it to Pod, spend 25 quid and see. I reckon youll see 14.5 best if you strip it out.

Fair play.

At least the lad has put up the facts to back up his claim. Whether the R/R is accurate or not he can only go the evidence hes been presented with.

[Edited by Mattieuk on 04 July 2005 at 6:54pm]

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Make a point of when i did race my mates 200 that was in germany and not in the uk, so it was legal!! lol

Ive already stripped it and got buckets that weigh as much as a fart as well, so thats done already.

I will take it on the strip, fair play if it comes over 14.5 or whatever ( i havent got a clue about 1/4 times) then its done and said, but it still goes!

Cheers for the guys who have backed me up! The 3 people who have seen it go! (Ballcrusher, JPH172 & Lawrence)

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 04 July 2005

I might be a tool but you sir are a prat for not understanding English and therefore grasping what I had posted. So leave your excitable emotions at the door and try and take onboard what people are saying.

No-one is doubting his word but when you have seen a fair few printouts you will realise that this one looks like a 5 year old has been left alone with a ruler.

Not being funny, but what rulers do you use?! i swear that line curves slightly?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its true, ive never seen an f4r powered car produce a graph like that except roamers.

They suffer (well a few mine included) a power loss between 4-5k/rpm (cant really remember exactly but i have my 189bhp graph from PE somewhere i will try and dig it out.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

peak power is very, very high up the rev range for a F4R on standard inlet surely!!

i thought the F4Rs had a trough at around 4k???.....

run it at the pod matey...should embarass some quick cars.

--chris

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 04 July 2005I might be a tool but you sir are a prat for not understanding English and therefore grasping what I had posted. So leave your excitable emotions at the door and try and take onboard what people are saying.

No-one is doubting his word but when you have seen a fair few printouts you will realise that this one looks like a 5 year old has been left alone with a ruler.

Not being funny, but what rulers do you use?! i swear that line curves slightly?!

Go and look up the word "Linear"...

Lionel Richie

no comment from me
no comment from BenR
no comment from Yoz
no comment from Roamer (well there is but im not saying)

bring it to a track and/or 1/4mile, then well see what it can do

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 July 2005

no comment from me
no comment from BenR
no comment from Yoz
no comment from Roamer (well there is but im not saying)

bring it to a track and/or 1/4mile, then well see what it can do
PMSL

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

So WHO deleted my post then???
If you cant have an opinion then whats the point of having a discussion forum like this?
:mad:

Lionel Richie

ive just figured out 202 @ fly is 160 at wheels using a 20% tranny loss

180 @ wheels = 225 @ fly

John, you do a sub 14.5 1/4mile, ill buy you a pint