ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For all that didnt believe 202bhp

255 V6 Black Gold

I am only talking about the initial posts in another thread even.... of 180 bhp at wheels, which is 225 at fly....

And all the gib fred and that got was uncalled for..... as they know that to get to figures like 215, more mods than the standard de cat, zorst, chip and induction that nearly all cup people have needs to be done!!

Cup Turbo, Flamer

Im not bothered about the power at the wheels, fair enough, with all the calculations you lot have done, 180atw does seem a bit ott, but i was more impressed with the flywheel power, is that just as far fetched?

The figure i got of 180atw was told to me by the bloke, this wasnt on paper so i have no proof?!

As i have never done a 1/4 mile run before, i doubt i can get the 14.5 stated by many (not due to car but dodgy driver!) but i will have a go just to see what happens!

Elise/VX220/R26

14.5 is what you would expect from a standard cup though maybe 14.5 to 14.7, I hope you do a 13.8 just to shut people up but I think you might be dissapointed. Only thing I would say is that Rolling Road owned by companies that do tuning products are always optimistic. Im looking into tuning stuff for my 225 at the moment for example and pipercross quote +9 bhp for an air filter, which is just bullsh*t.

Trouble is withthe tuning industry there are very very few people who actually know what theyre doing. Im not mentioning the company name but I know of a 172 that went for a chip fitting and came away with the VVT not working . Modern engines are vastly complicated and I rekon a lot of garages or so called tuners diont really have the expertise to do exactly what they say they do (LAD is a perfect example of this) Thats to say they do the same work on modern cars like the 172 that they did on a valver 10 years ago and assume they are getting the same results.

255 V6 Black Gold

Fair play to ya then john that saying youll give it a do ;)

urmm about the 200 bhp??

I dunno.... i know that for me... if i wanted 200 bhp...i would need to spend £1000s and get kams etc...

I am buying my manifold next week, and then gonna speak to the main man yozza whose gonna sort some kams and that lot out for me....

At the moment i have what you have, minus the chip..... in my eyes,,,, adding a chip to mine is just one tiny thing in the hill climb up to 200 bhp...

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Ive spent thousands an im not quite at 200bhp :-( However, its not all about the figures, drivability is what counts

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Fcukin pathetic this post. Get over it, if thats what dastek say them all fool them!

Within reason, Every engine is gonna be a little different, im sellin my race engine because although its factory tuned in italy, its 1.6Bhp less than sum of the front runners, and sh*t ( Friday afternoon) Engine is neva gonna be as good as a top batch...

http://www.btinternet.com/~paulj.ewing/bhpresized.jpg]

Thats a RR graph of a 14.1-2 (100 mph terminal) Cup. Only mods were rsport ECU, De-cat and a Magnex (never had maxogen then) I for one think this is a bit low considering the cars my Cup was beating with only "181 hp" (S2000, Focus RS, 225 S3, modded Imprezas, WRX etc etc) Id be very surprised if my car wasnt pushing out a realistic 195 hp with Maxogen now considering the times it puts in and how it moves on road.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

wouldnt air temp make quite a lot of difference on the rollers.

I know my car feels a LOT quicker and responsive in winter.

would having the car on the rollers @ 5c have a significant BHP difference if on at @ 30c ?