ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For all that didnt believe 202bhp

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 04 July 2005

As Tom says it should drop a little around half way...where on the line does it come on cam? Not saying anything against you m8 so dont take it so personally but almost all 172s and probably 182 have the same characteristics (sp) on the graphs...mine below and most will look very similar without silly mods IMO

Chris

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/chriscup1/CuppyRRsmall.jpg
was that at the Wigan RR day Chris?

gutted i missed that (i was fitting a new cambelt):cry:

--chris

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 July 2005

ive just figured out 202 @ fly is 160 at wheels using a 20% tranny loss

180 @ wheels = 225 @ fly

John, you do a sub 14.5 1/4mile, ill buy you a pint
You said you had no comment!! ;)

Although if that car makes 202 bhp and 165 odd ft/lb Ill bear my arse in Woolworths window. On a Saturday.:D

Not doubting its quick, but the figures seem ridiculous for those mods from what Ive seen from other cars on here.

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 04 July 2005

As Tom says it should drop a little around half way...where on the line does it come on cam? Not saying anything against you m8 so dont take it so personally but almost all 172s and probably 182 have the same characteristics (sp) on the graphs...mine below and most will look very similar without silly mods IMO

Chris

--chris
Erm do you mean Padiham, Power Zone m8? The graph is from then...:)

Chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 04 July 2005

Chris

--chris
Erm do you mean Padiham, Power Zone m8? The graph is from then...:)

Chris
thats the fella.

:oops:

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I support JohnC 100% on this as ive followed this guy out of Southend& although cups are lighter there is NO WAY it can leave you behind so easily in a car with the same engine.
:D

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

ive just figured out 202 @ fly is 160 at wheels using a 20% tranny loss

180 @ wheels = 225 @ fly

John, you do a sub 14.5 1/4mile, ill buy you a pint

This does happen sometimes Fred.
My last run at GDI i was told i had 140bhp@the wheels which was 182bhp@the fly. Perhaps some rollers are just slightly out :eek:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

yeah stick on a few bolt on mods and see 35bhp increase. this forum cracks me up it really does.

255 V6 Black Gold

personaly my opinion........

After being told to get 200 bhp time in and time out i would need to spend £3000.........

cant see yours myself..... no doubt its fast..... but that rr figure must be wrong.... but thats all you got to use aint ya! so no one can dig ya for saying that..

But 200 bhp is far from 180 at wheels..

There is NO way on earth with them mods you have 225.. (180 @ wheels)

end.

audi S3

no comment from me
no comment from BenR
no comment from Yoz
no comment from Roamer (well there is but im not saying)

bring it to a track and/or 1/4mile, then well see what it can do
one day you t**ser will give people credit wer its due and pull ya head out of arse

255 V6 Black Gold

ballcrusher....

Can you just explain.... without being agressive...

If quite a number of people have had the same work as him done...(chip, full de cat, exhaust) and all got 189 / 192 bhp @ fly, how can he have 225?

People with 215 @ fly have had all the above work, plus cams, inlets etc?

We are talking the SAME cars. 172 CUP, so how can it be possible?

Please just explain for me....

Mine is full decat, powerflow exhaust, and induction (all same as jons, except my induction is different)

So i am probably running about 180 / 184 max i think???, if i superchip mine i jump to 225?

255 V6 Black Gold

ps i was saying 225 because thats what 180 @ wheels is,,,,, and thats what was initialy said his car had..

A well built VW

Surprised Neil82cup hasnt commented on this thread

We all know what rr are like , unless they are calibrated regular (costing much money) they are never gonna be accurate plus ive heard it is possible to cook the books LAD stylee no doubting its probs a quick car but 225 ???

R

rich[182]

come on guys cant you give the guy a break, its amazing how many people start topics claiming all kinds of increases without even offering any form of proof supporting their claims and they dont get treated any different to this guy who has at least posted the rr results, at least hes posted some results which is a dam site more than most people do
if I were him Id be asking myself why did I bother, he might as well have claimed 230 and offered no graph for what good its done him

172 Cup

On the other hand if it wasnt for people like Fred, Yoz, Benr etc people could be spending thousands at LAD and getting nothing in return.

Theyre not out to criticise people but rather educate them and state facts.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Ballcrusher on 04 July 2005

no comment from me
no comment from BenR
no comment from Yoz

one day you t**ser will give people credit wer its due and pull ya head out of arse
bottle of wine and dinner sometime babe???;)

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

be nice for us to run at the pod on the RTOC day mate, see how we both get on, ive ran 14.5 before the engine work was done,

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Some of you have very odd opinions on RR. You simply cant take 20% and say it works. A RR ONLY measures power at the wheels accurately. They dont simply use a mathmatical equation to gross it up to the fly. If youve ever actually noticed when they hit the redline they dont just take off the throttle they take it down slowly. This way the machine tries to work out the tranny loss. This is still a very un-acurate way of measuring.

I find it odd that the graph has no wheel power lines or figures. Why does it have Dastek printed on it when you have a superchip?

Is it a normal plug and play superchip?

Also - to suggest it could match a 285 bhp SX turbo from 0-130 is proposturous (sp) And I dont care WTF you say. Id stick £50 on it now that my 276bhp MR2 would be so far away at 130mph itd be out of site.

Just read the rest of this thread.

We all know about rolling roads - they only tell us what they tell us on paper, but in reality it could be the quickest thing on the face of the earth as it only weighs 100 kg with 200 BHP.

My Cup went on the rollers at Northampton Motorsport at 154 at the wheels with Supersprint, Viper and Rsport. Then without the Rsport at a northwest RR day in Bury at 149 at the wheels. 9 Lives, Bejeesus and Myself and another lad - whos name escapes me went for a bit of a peaks run for 20 minutes and the cars were evenly matched, but on the rollers are totally different.

Over a 1/4 mile 9 Lives runs 14.1 secs all day everyday IIRC. I have only managed a 14.5, but then again, 1/4 miling isnt really my forte - Its just a bit of a laugh on a Sunday to be honest. What ever car you 1/4 mile in, it depends how good you are at 1/4 miling, so it not really a test.

Superchips remap - do develop more BHP than chips like the Rsport, But torque on the the Rsport is normally a more even increase over the entire rev range.

Only cars I know of with this kind of power were philips and roamers, philips was sold a while ago, and roamer did some hedge cutting with his.

If it goes it goes... great :)

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 05 July 2005
Just read the rest of this thread.

We all know about rolling roads - they only tell us what they tell us on paper, but in reality it could be the quickest thing on the face of the earth as it only weighs 100 kg with 200 BHP.

My Cup went on the rollers at Northampton Motorsport at 154 at the wheels with Supersprint, Viper and Rsport. Then without the Rsport at a northwest RR day in Bury at 149 at the wheels. 9 Lives, Bejeesus and Myself and another lad - whos name escapes me went for a bit of a peaks run for 20 minutes and the cars were evenly matched, but on the rollers are totally different.

Over a 1/4 mile 9 Lives runs 14.1 secs all day everyday IIRC. I have only managed a 14.5, but then again, 1/4 miling isnt really my forte - Its just a bit of a laugh on a Sunday to be honest. What ever car you 1/4 mile in, it depends how good you are at 1/4 miling, so it not really a test.

Superchips remap - do develop more BHP than chips like the Rsport, But torque on the the Rsport is normally a more even increase over the entire rev range.

Only cars I know of with this kind of power were philips and roamers, philips was sold a while ago, and roamer did some hedge cutting with his.

If it goes it goes... great :)

/y0z

dont you mean tree felling aswell lol

The Jinx

I still wouldnt take a RR printout as gospel. They are a tool for fettling engines and ironing out problems IMO, and cannot accurately reflect conditions on the road. Some reputed companies also have their own axe to grind.

Its a nice power curve though. Quite linear.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 05 July 2005

Some of you have very odd opinions on RR. You simply cant take 20% and say it works. A RR ONLY measures power at the wheels accurately. They dont simply use a mathmatical equation to gross it up to the fly. If youve ever actually noticed when they hit the redline they dont just take off the throttle they take it down slowly. This way the machine tries to work out the tranny loss. This is still a very un-acurate way of measuring.

I find it odd that the graph has no wheel power lines or figures. Why does it have Dastek printed on it when you have a superchip?

Is it a normal plug and play superchip?

Also - to suggest it could match a 285 bhp SX turbo from 0-130 is proposturous (sp) And I dont care WTF you say. Id stick £50 on it now that my 276bhp MR2 would be so far away at 130mph itd be out of site.
Not all RRs use coasdown losses to calculate total absorbsion figures. ANd in any case, i dont like the method because your fopwer figure varies considerably in all the different gears. Its a very poor system as some people come away telling you that you have 15bhp lost in the rolling losses.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I had 66bhp lost on my last time. 210bhp atw 276 atf.

210bhp atw is the only part of that Id take for gospel.

But 276hbp and 280lbs torque sounds better.

Who really gives a monkeys what bhp your car, or anyone elses car ont his forum has. You like it, you know its fast, and you certainly dont need to prove that to people on here.

You have a print out that says you have 202bhp atf, so what else have you got to go on. As has been said, RRs are rarely accurate, and as so many are inaccurate, how can you tell when you get an accurate one.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

/\ Most printouts give you at least some indication of power at the wheels as thats what they measure.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 05 July 2005
/\ Most printouts give you at least some indication of power at the wheels as thats what they measure.

Yes i agree.

But it doesnt help matters when you go to two different rolling roads & come away with two completely different readings, which is what happened to me.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

its been said before rollers are testing beds for what power you are producing and to give you a rough idea of what needs to be done, im sure any would be doubters could arrange an rr day for everyone who has commented on this thread, or just come to the pod on 16th,

Quote: Originally posted by Ballcrusher on 04 July 2005

no comment from me
no comment from BenR
no comment from Yoz

bottle of wine and dinner sometime babe???;)
you turn me on so much ???? :oops:

255 V6 Black Gold

@ klang

bmc cda, decat, powerflow exhaust and superchip, those are his mods, and he was told that his rolling road was 180 bhp @ wheels

350z & 16v Maxi

Rolling roads are not accurate, whos to say its not reading low. lol

I cant believe all the jip this guy is getting for f()cks sake. He has a 202.3 bhp RR print out, so he says he has 202.3 bhp, you cant blame him for that. He has even said fair enough, it may not be 202.3 as the rr may not be accurate but the print out is all hes got to go on.

Give him a brake!!! At least he produced a RR printout

And the 1/4 mile is not the be all and end all, it so much down to the driver. If a std 172 is faster than him at the pod, doesn’t mean he has less power just it is not as fast at the 1/4 mile.

Personally mate I dont think your car has that sort of power, fair play to you and I really hope you do have that power.

A few people will know I am a 1/4 mile man and into serious engine mods to get good power, but thats not everyone’s cup of tea.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

So its fair to say that at Sant Pod on the 16th, there are some scores to settle between a few people on here.
Its getting exciting waiting around.

Goin to be a good day for sure
;)