ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For anyone wandering the price of a spare remote/plip key.

Heres a thread to bore you :rasp: and to try and assist the "How much/What/Where do i go for a new plip /remote key" threads.

I thought i'd put up the latest price for a new fully programmed plip key with the key blade (supplied cut) from Renault (these prices may vary from dealer to dealer though:S ), not by much i'd think though.

The story was i lost my spare key for my 2002 172 before xmas. :(

So i eventually got round to doing something about it and called Renault last week to order a replacement :)

After trying local locksmiths with no sucess, they could only copy my key i have now and supply me with a new key blade (No remote/plip) :(

The Renault dealer in Aberdeen (Evans Halshaw) would supply me with a new replacement plip/remote key but wanted to charge me £170/£180 (They couldn't agree a set price with me):(

So i called around and tried a Renault dealer about 30 odd miles away from me(Mackie Motors) and got a new replacement remote/plip key done all in for less than £140 :)

KEYCWADDRESSVINANDREGDELETED.jpg

So i went in today to collect my new key and get it programmed.

God knows why Evans Halshaw were so expensive :S

Needless to say in future if i need anything from Renault i'l be calling on Mackie Motors :)

ph quick
a few i looked at only had one key, lukily the one i bought had 2, losing the key if you only had one would be very bad

ph quick
a few i looked at only had one key, lukily the one i bought had 2, losing the key if you only had one would be very bad

yeh one of the bad points.. but i got an awesome price 5.5k for it 2 years ago. Ill have to get it or factor it in the asking price when i come to sell.

I wouldnt be bothered about the spare key, id jsut be more paranoid about losing it if i didnt have one... Shouldnt affect sale price really, just dont mention it, alot of peopel forget to ask how many keys the car comes with