ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For sale again

Land Rover
My car sold on Pistonheads a couple of weeks ago, but the buyer has decided that he’d be better keeping his own car (a very nice looking 182 Cup)
So mine is back up for sale (with him)
I made the PH advert live again so l can pass on any interest.
The car needs someone who wants to keep it for more than six months

Land Rover
He changed his mind about the car and l had spent the money so couldn’t buy it back (he offered it at a slightly lower price) and l thought l would help him out.
I don’t mind passing on any interested people, it won’t cost me anything.

I did wonder why he wanted to sell his lovely looking orange 182 Cup, and buy my car. I would have spent a bit on the Cup instead. After all, he’d owned it 12 years and it only had 65,000 miles.

But l have done similar in the past more than once, so l can’t really talk.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Very strange?!

This car really does the rounds it must have had 6 owners since I sold it about 3 years ago!

Land Rover
The car has had a total of fifteen owners now.
There’s nothing wrong with it, so who ever owns it has a good example that’s for sure.

Land Rover
Yes, 14 previous owners when l had it.

But my Ferrari had 12 previous owners and when l sold it the phone rang off the wall, nobody asked or cared about how many previous owners it had.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Owners has never really bothered me. I don’t really understand this RB though. When mossy had it it was the ultimate rb and then that other guy bought it and pulled it to pieces and didn’t the gearbox s**t it’s pants? I get confused.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Owners has never really bothered me. I don’t really understand this RB though. When mossy had it it was the ultimate rb and then that other guy bought it and pulled it to pieces and didn’t the gearbox s**t it’s pants? I get confused.

That was my second one that was absolutely mint this car was great and the next 2 owners made it immaculate as I kept in contact with them. Gearbox was more recent.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The amount of owners doesn't affect the condition of the car though. I'm the 5th owner of mine and it's battered ?. I just bought a 1 owner 03 clio and that looks like it's been washed with scotch brite and driven through a desert even though it's been garaged all its life. With old cars there more to consider than mileage and how many owners.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Of course there are examples good and bad. But a 15 owner car Vs 5/6 for similar of not much difference in price will sell better, fact. All things being equal of course :)

Some buyers may not ask, imo most will.

Land Rover

I bought it with a known gearbox issue but l got that sorted and l had the belts done etc plus loads of other bits and pieces
There was nothing needed on it when l sold it except for the NSF wing still being a slightly different colour but l pointed that out to the buyer.