ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forcing phone to use full desktop sites and not mobile versions ( andriod)

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
Just got a generic unbranded brand new Motorola xt910 ( amazing phone btw) so full flash support etc

One thing that’s annoying me, I can’t find an option to change it to not using mobile sites.

In my old desire there was a option to change it to “full” websites and can’t see the option anywhere.

Tried another browser ( firefox ) – Cant see an option there either.

Cheers all

In my understanding the decision happens at the server end, from the platform / browser version information the browser sends out in the header. So i think your stuffed if the option to config this isnt in the browser on the phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Use the dolphin HD browser and switch the user agent. (desktop mode is what its called on the ipad version, it may differ on android)

That razor any good? its got terrible reviews.

Clio 172, Jaguar XJR
Use the dolphin HD browser and switch the user agent. (desktop mode is what its called on the ipad version, it may differ on android)

That razor any good? its got terrible reviews.

Tech radar where really harsh

gsm arena loved it. http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_razr_xt910-review-683.php

Really liked the build of it and the screen the layouts nice and it works very well.

That said three things are really really bugging me

The keyboard ( no where as good as HTC ) - now using swift key X - o.k but just not the same.
Its too big ( same as a s2 or a XE really) texting i feel the need to balance it with my other hand ( annoying)
Why have the charge port at the top of the handset. when on a phone call with it plugged in its annoying again... thats basic stuff motorola!

Im really harsh on phones and take ages making choices about my next handset so things that i find irritating some people might not even think twice about.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Just got a generic unbranded brand new Motorola xt910 ( amazing phone btw) so full flash support etc

One thing that’s annoying me, I can’t find an option to change it to not using mobile sites.

In my old desire there was a option to change it to “full” websites and can’t see the option anywhere.

Tried another browser ( firefox ) – Cant see an option there either.

Cheers all

on my HTC Sensation it's possible

open internet browser, menu button, settings, 4th option down is 'Mobile View', just uncheck this and you're done

if that doesn't work on yours, then install another browser

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
install skyfire web browser, it will also decode flash in the cloud so your phone doesn't have too

182FF with cup packs
Also cant you use the keyboard from the HTC on anything?

Yes you can. You need to download HTC IME by jonasl

I believe that on standard browsers the option is there to change User Agent. Go into settings, and right down the bottom there should be (under the advanced section) an option called "Select User Agent", there you can usually choose "Desktop".

I could be wrong though, as it's been quite a while since I've run a standard ROM :)