ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Clio is gone now
It's been a good build
3edymapu.jpg

qumuty4y.jpg

una7amad.jpg

This is the replacement
The new fiesta zetec s ecoboost

0 road tax
124bhp
0-62 9.2 sec

juqedezy.jpg

u9y5yny7.jpg

Only iphone pics need to get some done just not had time.

Hope to do a few things just to make it unique.
Anyone got any ideas? Never owned a ford so wouldn't no where start.

Clio Cup
Wheels are Ugly IMO

BBS LMs in "large" would suit i think apart from that , just enjoy it , joys of owning a new car

they do sound Cool though

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb. Great little car, wheels look great.

Ideas? Eibachs, fruity exhaust system, hids to go in the projectors and a set of pre-facelift rear lights and clean it.

If you chamge the badges with coloured overlays i'll torch the thing.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Proper love these, great choice.

What engine do these have, is it the 1ltr turbo?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
What about a smoothed front bumper where the reg plate sits then leave it plate less on the front? If u take off the front plate you'll see what I mean. Apart from that I wouldn't bother with anything exterior wise apart from a different set of wheels and maybe a drop. Apart from that it looks well. Don't ruin it!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The front end looks superb imo. I know it still has fish mouth.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Cheers guys,
Yeah it's a 1.0L turbo
I alright changed the bulbs led side lights and hids
Only issue is the drl bulbs, which are H15 they don't have anything out yet to replace them.

If I get it remapped it can get about 140bhp out of it.
Not sure on exhaust system yet.
And might change the air filter
Thinking of changing the ford to a turquoise colour.
Thinking lowering it a bit more it's already 15mm from factory.

I'll have a look into what you mean by smoothing as I am swapping my plates over soon the documents are in the post.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant purchase.

I think Ford have really smashed it recently with the new models they have brought out, especially where these smaller capacity turbo engines are concerned.

What about a smoothed front bumper where the reg plate sits then leave it plate less on the front? If u take off the front plate you'll see what I mean. Apart from that I wouldn't bother with anything exterior wise apart from a different set of wheels and maybe a drop. Apart from that it looks well. Don't ruin it!
It's the grille that's affected when removing the plate rather than the bumper. Plus no plate = illegal of course.

I'd just leave it - perhaps a subtle drop on Eibach springs as gally mentioned but leave it at that. Keep it clean.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Yeah I won't be driving with now plates on haha,
Gonna look at a few other sites look what people have done for there's

I paid £12,400 with 6k on the clock and it's only a year old

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks great.

I'd just stick a map on it tuning wise and leave it.

Set of Eibachs would finish it nicely too.

No gel badges though haha!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah I won't be driving with now plates on haha,
Gonna look at a few other sites look what people have done for there's

I paid £12,400 with 6k on the clock and it's only a year old

why so expensive? Is it got a top spec or something?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks very nice.

Seen as these are now the same size as an original mondeo i dont rule me not being in one in a few yrs...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Eibachs you can probably buy from Ford also.

No no no gel overlays! What is it with them on new Fords! It's a Blue oval! A piece of motoring history!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. If it was me. But he's probably 8 years younger than me. Insure, mpg etc all come into play.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Indeed. If it was me. But he's probably 8 years younger than me. Insure, mpg etc all come into play.

Very true. I never add that on to the cost! Although in saying that I've heard good reports on running costs of the st. 40mpg and low insurance and tax bracket..

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Awesome car. If I could afford, I'd have one of these in a heart beat.

Instead, I'm currently looking for a 1.25 zetec :/

WR1 impreza
Great cars. Love the sound they make. We had one as a hire car for the day from thrifty rental with 6 miles on the clock. Was so good we sold the wifes clio for a new fiesta. Only problem, being a woman its only a car to her so only wanted the 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec. GREAT. To be fair its still a great car and engine

Enjoy it mate

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Cheers guys :)
I'm 22 saving up for a house etc, this car in the long run will cost next nothing
0 road tax, got a bit of power when needed and comfortable plus being ford parts will be cheap.
If I could afford the insurance id of gone for a st but there isn't many used about ATM. Don't wanna buy new waste of money in my opinion.

It was this ford or the vw polo r line, this beat the vw hands down in price, the way it drives and all the extras.

Not drove the normal fiestas so no idea how they drive but if it's the same as this minus the power be a great car for anyone.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Looks good that, how are you finding the small engine? does it feel like a small engine?

No it feels like a 1.6l or 1.8 it can shift when it once. It's like a A4 piece of paper under the bonnet haha.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Lovely little motors! High up on the list for when me and the mrs get a house.

Need more pics mate :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
New Fiestas look so good on the road. Slight lowering, fruity exhaust and nicer wheels and it would be job done IMO.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
All those mods don't sound like an ideal way to save for a house IMO.
About £1000s worth? Not exactly breaking the bank.

I think it looks brilliant from the front, (I'm not usually a fan) still not keen on them from the back.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
A few mods here and there. I want to make it my own and slightly different. Another reason why I didn't get the st coz I enjoy modifying. I wouldn't be able afford to modify a st but I can do sensible mods on this.

It's nicer in person then the photos show.
Just needs a bit of TLC :)

About £1000s worth? Not exactly breaking the bank.

I think it looks brilliant from the front, (I'm not usually a fan) still not keen on them from the back.

On top of spending 11k. But it's ok because it's £0 road tax :p But that's not the point - do with your money what you will. Nothing wrong with getting a new car because you want one.

Looks great, handle great, go more than adequately, low running costs yada yada. Zetec S keep getting better and better.

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice car, love the new fiestas, if it makes you feel better I can get one new, cheaper than you paid, tax free FTW lol.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Nice car, love the new fiestas, if it makes you feel better I can get one new, cheaper than you paid, tax free FTW lol.

Know someone that works at ford?
I could of got the new shape Mini Cooper s for what I paid for this, but I don't like them really like the look of this tbh.

Also no money is going to make you money unlike a house, but if you enjoy doing it why not. Everyone is different. I'm saving a bit for a house and gonna spend on my car here and there.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Know someone that works at ford?
I could of got the new shape Mini Cooper s for what I paid for this, but I don't like them really like the look of this tbh.

Also no money is going to make you money unlike a house, but if you enjoy doing it why not. Everyone is different. I'm saving a bit for a house and gonna spend on my car here and there.

He wont be paying the VAT or something lol.

My boss is ex forces and she got a brand new beetle convertible when they came out for under 10 grand!