ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forgot VBA Excel Module Pass

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
:eek:

I need to access a VBA module I had a hand in a while ago but I can't remember the password for the life of me.

There are various programmes online that will 'crack' a module for me I believe, but they're all for windows. The only windows laptop I have is a works one, and they've restricted what programmes I can install on here.

Can anyone help me out if I forward the workbook to them?

Thanks.

Bus w**ker
Luke, just open a backup of the file in a hex editor (loads of free ones for both Windows and OS X...probably even some onlines ones that you can upload the file to). Look for DPB= and change it to something like DPx= and save it. Then reopen the file in Excel, you'll get some error messages just click through them. Go into VB Editor and you should be able to over write the password to something your little brain can remember - password1 is secure.

Here's a better explanation: http://davidbugden.com/?p=16

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Haven't stumbled across a simular process to do the same for workbooks with password protection? i.e they ask you for a pwd on open.

Bus w**ker
Not something I've come across before, I never use it, a quick search on google shows that there are programs to do it (windows) but I'm sure a search in the right places - I'm limited to what I can access here - will find either the code you need or a copy of the program for free. If it's only available on Windows then you could always use Wine to get it running on OS X.

If I remember when I get home and have the time I'll look in to it for you.