ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Formating the PC - Keep Xp or Buy Vista ?

A4 Avant
Is there a list anywhere of software that doesn't work with Vista?

Does anyone know if the following work?

Dreamweaver 8
CS2
Nero 7
Office 2003
Canon Zoombrowser EX
AutoCAD 2007
3ds Max R7
Dvd Shrink
DVD Decrypter
GTR2
Flatout 2

172 Cup
Is there a list anywhere of software that doesn't work with Vista? - http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List

Does anyone know if the following work?

Dreamweaver 8 - Yes
CS2 - Yes
Nero 7 - Yes 7.7.5.1 and above
Office 2003 - Yes
Canon Zoombrowser EX - Not tried
AutoCAD 2007 - Yes
3ds Max R7 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9593622&linkID=9241178
Dvd Shrink - Yes
DVD Decrypter - 3.5.4.0 and above yes
GTR2 - Yes
Flatout 2 - Yes with Starforce update

Last edited:
  Punto/Clio GTT
i wouldnt touch vista with Nero.

i installed nero 7 and decided i didnt use it so uninstalled it, it deleted some boot up files with the install and windows wouldnt load. tried to repair with vista cd and it wouldnt, ended up doing full format, repartition and vista install

A4 Avant
Thanks for that griff!:star:
I think my vista update shall be going on the laptop this weekend then!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
XP64.

Only causes a problem on the rare occasion you get lazy goddamn programmers (i.e. on Doom 3) who don't allow the Install Shield to recognise XP64.

Apart from that, it's the daddy. More server-based than PC and it runs 99% of the games I throw at it, fine.

I'll be joining the Vista tribe at some point in the future, but I've absolutely no need (or desire to) at this moment in time.

D.

Focus ST-2
I made a dvd copy of my uncles ultimate edition. He bought it through his business or something so the cdkey they get is not specific to only one pc or somthing.. no need to crack, 100% legal copy and 100% free :)

100% not legal! (hint being you copied a dvd) and it will be registered to his company or himself.

?
What i meant is 100% working version... and afaik its the key thats important, not the DVD you got it from... hence why windows never has copy protection of any sort.

Shed.
well i had to go to work yesterday. because of the rain my boss' roof fell in in his kitchen haa, so i had to do a 11 hour shift. wasnt bad though. i was so board because it was so quiet i even managed to find the time to stop young people (lol chavs) nicking JD. Ive worked there too long not to be able to reconise what the chav is going to do when the chav walks in.

Shed.
What works on vista ?

MSN
WIN RAR
AVG Free ( or sould i use somehitng different like nod32)
Do i need dirvers like those for my gpu, sound card and Mouse (logitech G7 so i can change the dpi settings...)