ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Horizon

AK

M240i
It really bugs me when people complain about Forza Horizon saying it's trying to be NFS or it's not Forza 4.

No because Forza 5 is still coming out. This is a completely different game made by differant developers completely that shares it's title. It's exactly what it was designed to be. A realistic (which I'm sorry, but it still s***s on NFS for realism) car game based a round a music festival/car show. It's a fantastic game, with great playability and looks. It's extremely fun IMO, I had a good long sesh of playtime on Saturday and I didn't even come close to being bored.

I'm not saying NFS is bad. I'm going to get it, and no doubt I'll enjoy the hell out of it. But the only thing the two games share is they're based on cars.

It was marketed as FM4 physics in an open world environment.

Frankly it's not.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It was marketed as FM4 physics in an open world environment.

Frankly it's not.

Yep. I still like Horizon for what it is, but it could've been sooo much better.

NFS is bent as though.

Evo 5 RS
Yep. I still like Horizon for what it is, but it could've been sooo much better.

NFS is bent as though.

Normally, yeah. Most Wanted is actually a ton of fun. It's a racing game for people who don't like racing games, and still fun for those who do. Where as Horizon IMO is a game for people who do like racing games and cars (something the game strangely has both of) but are fine with the lackluster experience and handling they've known to be till now, and bitter taste of disappointment

Interesting note, that you're in here slating Horizon, and telling us how good NFS is, yet, none of us are in the NFS thread telling you how amazing Horizon is.

Just an observation.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Normally, yeah. Most Wanted is actually a ton of fun. It's a racing game for people who don't like racing games, and still fun for those who do. Where as Horizon IMO is a game for people who do like racing games and cars (something the game strangely has both of) but are fine with the lackluster experience and handling they've known to be till now, and bitter taste of disappointment

You keep telling us about how good NFS is but tbh mate no offence I don't think half the people in here really care.

Not going to lie I was a tad disappointed but as soon as I got into it I was loving it tbh... Just like you are NFS.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
You play video gamez don't you?

Then try it out boyo. I'm not asking you to s**t yourself. Dismissive loyalist pigs

Hmm, considering in my earlier rant I said out right that I will play need for speed and I will most likely enjoy it... We're hardly being loyalist pigs but your ranting about NFS in the horizon thread saying Horizon is a let down etc, to a bunch of people who are currently playing, and enjoying it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Alright. Wooozahh muthaf*ckas. Chill.

I still like playing Horizon because it's a fun game. I'm just a bit miffed that it's not "an open world Forza" as a lot of purists are.

We can bleat on about how it was a missed opportunity, but in reality it's not. It's business.

There are far more people that want to smash through picnic tables at 200mph whilst listening to dubstep, than people who obsess about shaving a few tenths off their NSX-R Suzuka lap time.

I know which category I fall into, but I'm the minority. Me and my minority mates will be waiting for Forza Motorsport 5.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Probably why i like it. Games are games.

If i want to drive, i'll get in my car.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Alright. Wooozahh muthaf*ckas. Chill.

I still like playing Horizon because it's a fun game. I'm just a bit miffed that it's not "an open world Forza" as a lot of purists are.

We can bleat on about how it was a missed opportunity, but in reality it's not. It's business.

There are far more people that want to smash through picnic tables at 200mph whilst listening to dubstep, than people who obsess about shaving a few tenths off their NSX-R Suzuka lap time.

I know which category I fall into, but I'm the minority. Me and my minority mates will be waiting for Forza Motorsport 5.

Well said, sir.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
FM5 better come with a bunch more tracks including UK ones.

I'll be pretty gutted if it just all the same cars and tracks transferred over again as FM4 is bang on except for the lack of cars and tracks.

Evo 5 RS
Must use more winky faces.

Horizon isn't a bad game, I just know for a fact that some people would be reluctant to try out MW on the premise that most NFS games do turn out to be a complete waste of money

Evo 5 RS
Depends. What percentage of the soundtrack is dubstep?

I don't know as I turned it off lmao.

Both games are flawed. Forza Horizon still wins for customisation and car enthusastics, but gameplay wise for me at least NFS MW wins hands down - and I've always been a huge Forza fan. S'all I'm saying like.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I haven't put the radio on :eek:

Problem with Horzion is that I think it's faux polished. It's very pretty, but I think the devs have been pretty lazy with certain aspects. I cba going into it, as I don't actually care.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Does everybody else get the 1980s graphics when playing against people online? Cars floating, then moving all skittish and just jumping from place to place!

Edition 30
Does everybody else get the 1980s graphics when playing against people online? Cars floating, then moving all skittish and just jumping from place to place!

Yepp, sometimes but my connection is hellashit.

cars going into the ground then popping up in the air.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Bought this yesterday, quite like it tbh, although I am mightily fucked off with the s**t car selection!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I finally got it yesterday also, its 'fun' but no Forza Motorsport. Glad I didn't bother with the LCE.

AK

M240i
It seems since this came out they've completely forgotten about FM4 :dapprove: there hasn't even been a car pack for months!

Nov DLC just announced for Horizon:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
DLC's ooot now fam.

Oh, Arif, you're mentioning FM4 in this thread. Not allowed as they have nothing to do with each other. That's right. Completely different. So different in that the fact that nothing else is coming DLC wise for FM4 has nothing to do with FH. Zilch.

Works very well, a bit of technology that genuinely makes the game more enjoyable. Hardly any lag, it tracks you very accurately...

8163401380_b68d1e05aa_c.jpg

Forza Horizon Smartglass by chforza, on Flickr

8163401348_258ccd3565_c.jpg

Forza Horizon Smartglass by chforza, on Flickr