ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Horizon

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is there going to be one? I thought they would mention it with the pre order to save lots of people cancelling for the LCE.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's really not, lol.

Looking forward to this now. Hope they get the off-road physics right.

AK

M240i
You would think if they've brought it into Horizon then it'd be a no brainer to build it into 5.

No mention of weather I think it's literally time of day changes only. And you drop 30fps and lose 8 players online for the pleasure. Granted that's hardware constraints but one of the things I love about Forza is the buttery smooth 60FPS, I know Horizon will feel clumsy/jerky in comparison.

TBF you'll get used to it quite quickly. 30fps is pretty normal for most console games these days. Sixty would have been nice, but frankly, I was always amazed that the 360 was ever able to draw sixty frames of Forza anyway.

Anyway, I'm probably in, but I won't pre-order. I'll wait for proper reviews. I won't be drawn in by promo videos.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Think I'm the same as you regarding pre-ordering mate. I'm just afraid that it'll go too NFS/DIRT, and I'm still not convinced that the physics won't be dumbed down.

Really hope I'm proved wrong.

'04 Clio 1.6
It's really not, lol.

Not sure if you guys know or not, but Forza Horizon isnt actually being developed by Turn 10. Whilst they do have a little bit of work in it (it is thier franchise after all) the game is actually being made by a team that consist of ex-codemasters (F1/Dirt/GRiD), ex-criterion (Burnout/NFS Hot Pursuit+Most Wanted) and ex-Bizzare creations (PGR/Blur)

So Horizon will have a lot of competition from NFS Most Wanted (especially as its Criterions crack at it again and they have now been put in charge of the entire NFS franchise)

From what I've seen of Horizon its looking to be a much more arcadey experience, which is has to be if its going to be much more flexible that Motorsport. I still cant get a 4 star drift on that game :/

Nippy white cup
I know someone on here has actually played it and said that the handling was fine....all the gameplay vids seem to have all the aids on which is why the handling looks very arcadey on them. Even tho it isn't being developed by Turn10 they will obviously (at least by looking at the vids) have provided PG with all the data they need to keep it similar to Forza

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I had a came like this few years back... Need for speed Pro Street, think that was the name ill stick to GT5 and F4 thanks

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at people comparing it to NFS, those games have gotten s**t. I really hope this doesn't destroy the Forza franchise. I literally haven't played an NFS game for more than 10minutes since..... well, probably since the first Undercover one? And even that was meh.

Either way, I'm gunna remain reserved on this. Sounds like they are just slapping the Forza name on an arcadey NFS/TDU style thing and I don't want to be drawn in by the promos!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't mind an arcadey type game, for them to meet in the middle between Forza 4 and NFS would be perfect for me.

If I want serious I will just play Forza 4 when I want fun f**k about it'll probably be Horizon.

1eight2
LOL at people comparing it to NFS, those games have gotten s**t. I really hope this doesn't destroy the Forza franchise. I literally haven't played an NFS game for more than 10minutes since..... well, probably since the first Undercover one? And even that was meh.

I disagree, Shift 2 was epic and loved the soundtrack. Undercover was s**t and the rest have been average +

'04 Clio 1.6

Either way, I'm gunna remain reserved on this. Sounds like they are just slapping the Forza name on an arcadey NFS/TDU style thing and I don't want to be drawn in by the promos!

You laughed at people comparing it to NFS but then compared it to a NFS style in your last sentance?

Dont get me wrong, your right in saying NFS has been a bag of ass, and it has been for a long time. Most Wanted was the best of the last of the series when it went to next gen. But thats primarily EA's fault. Shifting the developer over each time when every title does terribly. Most Wanted was the last in house EA title before EA started buying companies out and thats where it went south.

Carbon was Black Box's first attempt, pretty abysmal so they left the streets and went for Prostreet, still doing badly under Black Boxs name they created Undercover. Since sales did horrendously, they gave it to 'Slightly Mad Studios' who made Shift 1 and then also gave Hot Pursiut to Criterion (not fantastic but still the best NFS since) SMS did Shift 2 again, and that did pants so they gave it back to Black Box which then churned out The Run which also did balls so they forwarded it to Criterion along with the entire franchise rights to start of with Most Wanted again.

History lesson over, NFS is in safe hands as is the latest forza, I'm also sure Forza Motorsport 5 will be announced soon enough. Besides, if ex-codies and bizzare guys have anything to do with Horizon (which they do) it'll be more like Grid and PGR. Definately no reason to complain there.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Copied this from another forum so not sure how accurate it is or what but thought I would share it anyway.

New info. Translated so ignore the poor English.

It means, there will be dynamic weather, if you drive in dessert, the ground can change with the weather, it will get mud and the cars get slower and the wheels could stand still.

This means there will be NOS (like in Fast and the Furious) and under car illumination

For everything you do, there's "Forza Horizon" points: For drifting, if you ramming an opponent of the line or break through a fence to take a shortcut. Almost always pops up a little yellow number at the height of the rear-view mirror to unlock cars and new fields. And how it rides? Breathe "Forza" fans can, for "Forza" is "Forza". We turn off all driving aids, the Viper feels really snappy on, we must be careful that the tail does not break and commute the car again. Even the underbody makes big difference, since "Forza Horizon" is a fully dynamic weather system brings. Decide we become a shortcut through the desert and it starts to rain, the fine grains in the thick mud ever locked the wheels and allows us to be much slower.

"Forza Horizon" plays a lot with the weather in general and its surroundings. We want an opponent in the Mercedes SLR McLaren 722 can overtake that briefly spin the wheels on sand swirls and blows us the seeds on the windshield. It quickly developed a great momentum, because the desert, finally, not a closed course and not really tight, ergo, we drive the enemy extensively overhaul and not directly head-to-head. If you lose control completely, and sometimes crashed into a tree crashing into a house, or kissing the guardrail, flashing a "Y Rewind" button. So you can rewind time and iron out the error once.

The Fast and the Furious. Action and Party

In terms of staging is the new developer Playgrounds Games at full throttle. The British care little change to "Forza" conventions and "Horizon," a David Guetta more in concert than a boring race simulation. At night, DJs spin and swing their hips and slams hot ladies on the day groovy sound from the speakers as it is otherwise rather of "Need for Speed ​​'are used to. Even the cars look a bit more stylish, can be tuned with underbody lighting and chrome fixtures. Whether a nitrous oxide injection has been provided but not yet revealed, but as our Viper SRT had a red button on the steering wheel NOS is likely that "The Fast and the Furious" feature considered to be confirmed. The eponymous "Horizon" festival as a whole played very consistent and prevents you must you click through menus as usual. Instead, you look with your car, at the Tuner next time just to raise over thicker rims and racing at PR events for Porsche to win send a new base.

Conclusion

Do not worry love racing purist: The original developer Turn 10 is working on "Forza Motorsport 5" needs, but a little more time. Therefore, this party speedster is inserted, but has made us really, really happy. Microsoft has compiled with the Playground Games is a dream team from the former studio Bizarre Creation (PGR, Blur), Black Rock Studio (Split / Second), and many designers from Codemasters, which conjured up before with "Grid" and "dirt" amazing racing games on the asphalt have. The love of racing you can feel the ride is clearly tuned for authenticity and "Horizon" to continue a "Forza" simulation. But just one that makes noise, and parties celebrating the pop-alternative sound with 300 cases out of the speakers can.

Somewhat of a media blackout on this game, I can't really understand why there's been so little in the way of information, pics and footage released when the launch date is so soon.

22713014.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So from today they are going to be revealing a new car everyday!! :)

Just noticed the LCE is available for pre order now too.

Bit of info on it here.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Horizon_VIP_Cars/

VIP members will receive the following benefits:
  • Special recognition in the community as a VIP member with VIP icon affixed to their Gamertag in Forza Horizon
  • VIP Rivals Mode Events: VIP members have access to exclusive Rivals Mode events in Forza Horizon
  • Exclusive in-game gifts from the Forza Motorsport community team
  • Expanded Storefront: VIP members receive extra slots for things like photos, liveries, videos, etc.
  • Expanded MyForza Gallery Space: VIP’s can store additional videos and/or Big Shot images in their MyForza Gallery on www.forzamotorsport.net
You can get your VIP membership by purchasing the Limited Collector’s Edition of Forza Horizon, available starting on Oct. 23. Forza Horizon Limited Collector’s Edition owners will also receive these benefits:
  • Custom-designed Steelbook™ packaging
  • Horizon Festival ticket to access exclusive Xbox LIVE content
  • Day 1 Add-on Pack with five cars (more details soon)
  • Horizon Accelerator Token Pack
  • Five exclusive LCE Car Pack liveries (more details soon)
Pre-order your copy of Forza Horizon now to get in on the action of this fall's hottest racing game!

Forza Horizon Car Roster Reveal: Forza fans should be on the lookout this week for the beginning of the “Forza Horizon” car roster reveal. Beginning on Thursday, Aug. 23, we will be revealing “Forza Horizon” cars on a daily basis, showcasing all of the incredible vehicles players will be able to collect, customize, and drive in the game. By following the official "Forza Motorsport" Twitter and Facebook feeds, fans will get daily updates on new car announcements, along with new screenshots of the cars and the chance to win “Forza Horizon” prizes

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
VIP cars:

2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder

2012_Audi_R8_GT_Spyder_WM_695.jpg

2011 Koenigsegg Agera

2011_Koenigsegg_Agera_WM_695.jpg

2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

2011_Lamborghini_Sesto_Elemento_WM_695.jpg

2012 Pagana Huayra

2012_Pagani_Huarya_WM_695.jpg

2011 RUF Rt 12 R