ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

found a 172

iceberg 172
think i found a 172 after weeks of looking! its a 51 plate iceberg 88k with the belts done and with fsh! seat slightly worn on edge! steering wheel looks ok! quite tidy really. little dent on bonnet! 6 month tax 12month mot. he will service and full valet before picking up too and throw in 3month warranty 3195! sound ok?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
sounds ok.. i'l be honest tho mate, the ph1 172 is far superior to the ph2 IMHO, good bit cheaper too!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think its for his Mrs.

She won't understand the benefits of phase=1 over phase=2. She will just concentrate on looks....

180.5 bhp 172
the ph1 172 is far superior to the ph2 IMHO, good bit cheaper too!

But a dam sight uglyer! :quiet:

Sounds like a good price mate, but as said above, see if you can knock it down to £3k (Mention the dent/seat wear/ and having to tax it soon).

iceberg 172
he had it up for 3295 with no tax! got him to but some tax on and knock 100 quid off! as for ph1 over ph2 the ph2 loks are 100% better:approve:

the car also has a cat back s/s system on and the tailpipe follows the shape of the bumper!

2001 172
I think its for his Mrs.

She won't understand the benefits of phase=1 over phase=2. She will just concentrate on looks....

what are the benefits on a ph1 then? I've recently bought a ph2 because I like the way they look and like the climate control option.

I've heard that the ph1 is not fly by wire throttle, whereas mine is ?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
what are the benefits on a ph1 then? I've recently bought a ph2 because I like the way they look and like the climate control option.

I've heard that the ph1 is not fly by wire throttle, whereas mine is ?
ph1 drives soooo much better!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i wouldnt pay that much for it - seems a bit high mileage for my liking.

Albi Blue RS 200
Since when was 88k high mileage lol. These engines will go on for twice that and possibly more providing they're looked after. My PH2 is about to tick over 90k. I paid 3k the other week with FSH same colour actually but mine is slightly newer on an 02 plate. It came with magnex and cda

iceberg 172
Since when was 88k high mileage lol. These engines will go on for twice that and possibly more providing they're looked after. My PH2 is about to tick over 90k. I paid 3k the other week with FSH same colour actually but mine is slightly newer on an 02 plate. It came with magnex and cda

that what i thought anyways!

Albi Blue RS 200
When i went to get my ph2 he said most people were put off by the miles, I love the general misconception of the public that high miles = always means high failure rate, it doesn't. Providing a car has been looked after which you should make sure anyway most moden engines and running gear are prepped for at least twice that. Hey at least it makes these cars cheaper for those who do wish to give them a go with "high" miles on.

BG182®
As above, 88,000 miles is not bad. Car's should run double that mileage and if its well look after, with servicing backing it up I can see it being a problem.

Look at MarkCup's and Fletcher's 172. Both over 100,000 miles and there still going strong.

iceberg 172
sum pics

15032009316.gif

15032009317.gif

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
So what is ph1 better then ph2? even though ph2 looks betteR? :S
Ph1 front is much nicer!!!!

Ph1 is alot more driver focused imo even in standard form!

my ph1 is a better drive in standard form than my ph2 172 cup was with modded suspension!

All IMO of course!