ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found the noise!!! But still need help

Vectra :(
While changing my pads at the front today (car on axel stands at front) i noticed while jacking oneside of the car down after removing one axel stand the rear made the same straining noise as it does when i take a left hand corner. Didnt do it when dropping the other side tho.

Am i right in thinking its probably the anti roll bar bushes that are gone or could it be something else? Gonna take off the rears tomorrow and get the back on axel stands to check it all out before buying new bushes or what not. Anything i should look for whilst i have the wheels off and back end in the air?

Any help would be appriciated.

Cheers

Thanks guys.

If it is the pads on the discs would this explain why it only happened when turning left and it also being intermittent depending on how sharp the turn was?

The handbrake did creak when lowering the jack yes but its the same sort of noise as when turning left.

Is it new pads and discs time then? Will have to check tomorrow. Just dont the front ones. Wish i had known at the time then could have got back ones too! oh well

Anything else it could be?

Lionel Richie
never heard of this before mate, has someone been messing about with your hand brake adjustment?

sounds as if the handbrake isn't fully releasing

Not had the car that long fred and i have never had it into a garage before except for my zorst to be fitted. When i had the wheels off a min ago there was no leakage from the dampers, Discs looked a little low but nothing major and pads altho low have a few 1000 left in them. I did notice tho when spinning the pad round it seemed to be sticking a little on the disc. not a major amount but a little. It the same on the front wheels tho so figured thats just how it is. When i had a peugoet it was the same and the garage said that some car are like this.

Couldnt see anything wrong under the arches really so at a bit of a loss. Replaced the wheels and went for a spin and the noise is still there but not a bad now. only did it on 1 left hand corner out of 10 say....

....any more ideas fred? or should i get it into a garage for a look see?

P.S - didnt ring you over my alloys refurb fred as waiting to see if/how much this will cost me first :)