ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found this for sale. How much is it ACTUALLY worth?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://m.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-clio-182-sport/1058637691

Heres the description:

Here is my Renault Clio sport I have owned nearly 2 years it's has only 70,283 miles on the clock
I put the car up for it's mot the other day and it failed on several things
Both headlights need adjusting
Air bag warning light the connector under the passengers seat need re soldering
The battery has no strap
Near side front coil spring is broken
Offside front constant velocity joking gaiter damaged
Near side velocity joint insecure
Near side front ball joint has excess play
Major exhaust leak needs a centre pipe
Catalytic converter missing this is because the car has a full scorpion de cat system

Since I have owned the car occasionally the engine warning light flashes and the code reads misfire the car has been to several diagnostic garages including basford dyno tune who have a very good reputation and everywhere it has been they have all said there is no problem the car is very fast defiantly not down on power
The cost to get the car through mot will be a couple of hundred which I can not afford to pay and it would be a shame as the car has plenty of life left or it would also make a great track car
The steering wheel has been picked at as all the Clio sports have is due to the material going really soft in hot temperature and there is some rust coming through on the near side rear wheel arch
It is a great looking car and it's guaranteed to put a massive smile on your face I get the same thrill driving this car as I do riding my Kawasaki ninja don't hesitate to ask me any questions just send me a text any time and I will get back to you when I can

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The advert is full of bulls**t, and broken things.

Based on this I would say it is worth very little.

Rust is a sign of a major problem / dodgy shunt damage. It's rare they rust.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking if I could reality set him straight and get it for dirt cheap, well not dirt cheap but what it's worth (dirt cheap lol) then take it apart as I wish, brothers best friend has been a senior Renault mechanic now for years. Owning a 1.4 I could take quite abit off this. Maybe. If it's not total junk.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BG 182
I saw this earlier, and thought what a shed. For it to be on 70k, and have that much wrong with it its clearly been heavily neglected.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BG 182
If someone were to send him am offer. What would you put? Listing all what's wrong and how much it's actually worth. a reality check in a nice way lol.

I've only just started looking at the 182's after a tip off from a friend who owned a 172, but I guess it all depends on how much you want to throw at it? I currently own a 51 plate 206, and it has no visual signs of rust. Once rust is there, its costly to remedy, on top of the other things wrong with the car.

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Rusty Cup
A car soon to if not already with no tax no mot all that work to be done only worth stripping for bits i would not be interested unless it was going for £600 or less. And even then the bits you have are in bad condition..

As far as im concerned its basically worth nothing but to the seller its probably cost him a fair bit so thinks still got some value.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Many.
Proof that mileage means f**k all. Looks exactly the same as somebody I know who has a 182. Same spec too, but its completely ruined.

I wouldn't want to pay more than £500 for that. Without either cup pack, its base spec.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shit little Yaris...
£82.57...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Renault Clio 182 BG
Im not sure how easy it is to clock the Clio's but thats a lot of wear and tear for a 70k car, mines done 91k and look perfect compared to that (seat wear, steering wheel wear ect) to me always big give aways to an apparent 'low miles car'
The engine light flashing and misfire code sounds like its got a dodgy injector/s and the front end wear just sound like its hit every pot hole in mcdonalds car park, as mention a used and abused example but might could be a good little track car.

Offer him around £500 and go from there, simply make a mock list of cost to repair and use this to wear him down