ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

found this on my brothers owners club forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
  VRS
some1 off here needs to post on that thread and school them on the fact that a 172 cup wud p*ss all over an ignis!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
someones treating that guy like a mushroom; kept in the dark and fed on bullsh!t, I raced against an ignis at castle combe. oh what a load of w4nk! there is no way on gods green earth an ignis would keep up with a 172.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6
OMG half the people on there havent got a clue, mind you thats probably why they drive what they do!

Megane Mk4
"and he took great delight in telling me how its got 172BHP and a 2.0 litre engine! and when he asked what mine was, he just laughed at me. so i seen him again tonight and we had a bit of a race around my "personal race track" and although it seemed quicker in 1st gear it didn't pull away at all around bends and corners, but on the straight i was beating him! he looked proper gutted!!" ........

Wheres the Jackanory team when you need them ????? :rofl:

Mini Cooper S sport
Awww they locked it..

A few people on there know what the 172s/182s can do, thankfully.

Poor old minnnt though, he won't be told that his Japanese rollerskate is slower than a 172, bless.

I don't think I've ever seen an Ignis 'sport', but I'll have to look out for them now, would love a traffic light GP hehe.

Makavelli, have you got a bigger picture of your avatar? Your 182 looks an amazing colour in that picture. I love the way racing blue looks different in every photo, cameras just can't seem to get it right!

Megane Mk4
Racing Blue said:
I love the way racing blue looks different in every photo, cameras just can't seem to get it right!

yeah I've noticed that .... just doesnt seem to get the colour right at all

VRS
sorry i know its off topic but hears the pic u requested Racing Blue (and yeah i agree bout the clolour, mine looks different in every photo, lol):
IMG_0253.gif

Megane Mk4
actually ... looking down that thread a bit more....

This guy now really is doing some serious chemicals pmsl

minnnt Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:21 pm Post subject:
SISOC God
798306813435fc1a21d4d5.jpg

latest victims... mk2 golf gti!! he looked really smug so i thought i'll give ya something to look smug about and cained him to my suprise!!
icon_biggrin.gif
RS 2000 aswell, but i don;t think it was in very good working order to be honest! also it was an N reg so probably lost a few horses by now!

Mini Cooper S sport
makavelli said:
sorry i know its off topic but hears the pic u requested Racing Blue (and yeah i agree bout the clolour, mine looks different in every photo, lol):

Great pic, looks stunning of course hehe. It just stands out so much.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic.

Back on topic...

There are people like him on every car forum though..including this one as well I expect.

When I first had my car, someone floored it away from me at some lights (I forget what car it was, but it was something far slower) and I let them go because I was still getting used to it. I'm sure they went onto a forum somewhere bragging that they'd wasted a 182.

ant

yep.
that minnnt guy is a prize cnut.

a 172 would piss all over his shoebox from a great height..............fact

i think he's "racing" people who are probably oblivious to his existance!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My Cup does 0-60 in 8 seconds...but its faster if I take the handbrake off!!!

That bloke hasn't got the foggiest! I don't think the cup is a supercar, it is a good car in its class...but it won't beat a Cossie, or a Subaru Impreza WRX STi PPP...would it???

Leave the dreamers to it, and get him on the 'Pod' against J3ned's Clio TT...he'd either lie or cry!!!

BMW M135i
Ughh Ignis, absolutely hate the little bleeders. Spent half my time learning to drive in one of these before my instructor got a new mini. I'm yet to find a car I hate more than these things.

Mini Cooper S sport
Ignis sport does 0-60 in 8.6 seconds, and has a top speed of 115mph. Not bad, but a 172 wouldn't even have to try to leave it standing.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Bless 'em, there's always some...

Had a 206 with Lexus lights pull up at some lights beside me tonight and wheelspan away when they went green. I decided to casually pull away and then close the gap in 2nd. He's probably in the pub now bragging to his mates how he 'wasted' a 172.

MY04 Scooby STi
This is what my brother posted, and he has a modded ignis sport

"my bro has one of those 182's... im well impressed with that, leather and alcantara has standard! handles nicely and goes well to, wont be racing him"

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
says he wasted a GT TDi golf 140. aye ok son :sleepy:

if its any proof i had some wannabe hero try it on a few months back when i was at strathclyde park he had tanned it down a slip road and i was in front so when i got up to the slip road that led onto the m8 eventually i was in 3rd at 50 and to say it was one sided is an understatement.

definite LOL material

BMW M3
R20 CWH said:
says he wasted a GT TDi golf 140. aye ok son :sleepy:

if its any proof i had some wannabe hero try it on a few months back when i was at strathclyde park he had tanned it down a slip road and i was in front so when i got up to the slip road that led onto the m8 eventually i was in 3rd at 50 and to say it was one sided is an understatement.

definite LOL material

Yeah.... borrowed my mums GT DTI 140 tonight and had a little blast.....

Verdict:

It seems fast as fu*k with the torque from say 20-50mph and might give the 182 a fair go... after 50 it seems to start loosing the torque as you approach the early redline where my 182 would just carry on. Never really driven it much at speed but thought it would be faster....although it seems much more leisurely at getting up to speed where the 182 has to rev like hell. Is frustrating cause it looses power at about 3500rpm... Would presume a tuned gt gti might me a lot faster as they a quite tunable i think. What it does better then the clio is cruising. Sat at 100mph is a breeze where the 182 is screaming a bit.

Hard to compare as the 182 gets it power high up and the golf low, but would def say its nowhere near the RS's.

But would def nail an Ignis

Dont even know how you could compare a 182 with an Ignis Sport lol....

Mercedes SLK350
The Ignis looks like a car you would get on motability.

They can easy fit their wheelchairs in the car.

Minnnt probably has a wheelchair that would beat a 172 also. ;)

Disclaimer: I'm taking the piss out of the Ignis, not anyone unfortunate enough to be disabled.

black golf v6 4 motion
i used to own an ignis sport and although at the time it was the fastest car i'd had i never tried to play with a cliosport coz i knew i would get toasted they are not a patch on the 172 or 182 prob bowt same as the clio dci

Status
Not open for further replies.