ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Franks PH1 172

Phase1 172
Thought id start a Project thread seeing as ive been on here a while, not really posted much due to a dodgey laptop and sorting a few issues with the car...

I bought the Clio in september from Aly off here.

A nice early start 6am flight from Bristol to Newcastle, was cheaper than driving up as it was only £40... one way, so was sure to buy the car :p

Aly was really helpful and pointed out all the faults with the car, which i was'nt phased by... I had owned cars before with more problems :p

After coming to a deal, handed over the dollar and started the epic trip back down south...

Most annoying issue was the sticky throttle which drove me insane, so bought a new cable and stripped the Tb and regreased following pointer's from people on here, and since septemper its been fine.

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

I wanted to get some areo catches ive never trusted the standard bonnet releases since the bonnet on my saxo flipped up, and sure enough on the trip to castle combe the bonnet opened twice, luckily didnt flip up...
IMG_0233.jpg

fitting at 11 o'clock, im sure the neighbours loved the sound of the grinder and drill :D

Got bored one day, so made a tag... felt like being blek le rat/banksy for 5 minutes
IMG_0241.jpg

OZ racing for the wheels
IMG_0255.jpg

The occasional clean
IMG_0277.jpg

And as it stands now
IMG_0297.jpg

Unfortunatley we've taken down my garage to make space for our extension.

SPEC:
V6 airbox and itg filter
Matched inlets
Remap
Ktec catback with sports cat
Makes a health 180.6 hp

Gaz coilovers
Whiteline ARB
Wind deflectors

Hopefully in the coming months:
Ktec uprated mounts
New exhaust, still debating which one
Poly bushes
Cage and buckets
Dished steering wheel

hopefully do as many trackdays as i can and get to the ring this summer...

Phase1 172

Dyno dynamics at Is power LTD according to the print out.

should of said it did have a decat when the RR was done, and not had it done since fitting it.

Phase1 172
very similar to normal bonnet pins, just i think they look smarter and fresher. as you dont see all the workings.