ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fraserd007's 172 PC'd.....

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
About time I put this up....

Fraser wanted his 172 going over and headlights correcting, so dropped his car off to me on Fri afternoon for me to work on it over the weekend.
It had some light scratching in places, swirling, and the paint needed bringing back to life.

No proper before pics as my camera is useless!

Friday:

Started with a quick wash with Megs Gold Class, left the car wet and went over it with AG Tar and Fly removers, clayed it using CYC brand and some Megs Aggresive for the lower parts of the car.
Then washed it again and dried off:

IMG_0001.gif

IMG_0002.gif

Just the clay brought it up so much nicer.
A few marks I managed to capture:

IMG_0005.gif

IMG_0006.gif

All of my normal sized pads were still wet from washing them out, so decided to attack the awkwards bits first with some spot pads.
Did the front and rear bumpers, A and B pillars and the top bits next to the roof (words escape me!). I then gave the inside a quick hoover out and cleaned the glass inside and out.
Washed the wheels with AG clean wheels, then decided to call it a day.

Left with this:

IMG_0026.gif

IMG_0034.gif

IMG_0041.gif

Saturday

Finished work and got home greeted with some lovely weather, so cracked on with the car :)

Pads dry, I aimed to do the bonnet, wings, doors and 3/4's.

Again, no real progress pics, but left with this:

IMG_0008-1.gif

IMG_0017.gif

IMG_0018.gif

Sunday

Sunday was finishing day, did the roof + spoiler, then went over the car with SRP + EGP, then 2 coats of wax.
Put some trim stuff on the rubbers/plastics, tyre shine, and made sure it was generally pretty tidy.

Left me with:

IMG_0003.gif

IMG_0004-2.gif

IMG_0010-1.gif

IMG_0009.gif

Never managed to tackle all of the swirls as for some reason it ate my pads to bits? Also never managed to fully correct the headlights, as just as I started on them my G220 packed up :(
So, rotary will be on the way shortly.

Enjoy, it's a bit brief but I'm tired, so meh ;)

Bookings available, pm if interested.

Bus w**ker
Looks good, but why SRP over the top of the Menz FF (guessing from the bottle in the reflection)?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks good, but why SRP over the top of the Menz FF (guessing from the bottle in the reflection)?

Fills in any marks that can't be removed/ are unsure about removing... Just improves the finish a little and makes sure you haven't missed anything.

Bus w**ker
Fills in any marks that can't be removed/ are unsure about removing... Just improves the finish a little and makes sure you haven't missed anything.
Ah right, wouldn't of thought it were necessary after PF and FF. I'll keep it in mind, although that said I glaze before sealing. Cheers Luke. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^^ STFU lol. I suppose you dont need to if you use a finishing polish afterwards but i dont think he refined it so SRP is logical... Meh i dont know much anyway i just get on with it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Awesome work young joe ! Is the teg mint yet

Cheers sugar.
Going in for the respray sometime this week hopefully, awaiting a few last minute bits.

Not too sure really, just a habit I've got into and seems to work well. Meh ;)

Top work, thanks again Joe, highly recommended, looks 10x better.

Only 10x?!

Cheers for the comments.