ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

free air subs

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i want a sub package, but... want to keep ym boot space, ive done a lot of installs in the past and i consider myself a self made Ice install wizard lol, however im only good with standard equipment, ie subs with boxes,

ive seen a few free air or self contained subs that are thin and i cannot sacrifice boot space so i wonderd is a free air sub would sound good? any one give me any suggestions or opinions on thease and how to do an install with one

ps im not building into my spare wheel well

Polo + Micra
free air subs are poo. i'm yet to hear a speaker that sounds nice thats not in an enclosure

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
quick responce and straight to the point, im thinking about doing an install wen i get some money and im going to design it not so save time later, i need to keep boot space with the best sound quality i can, im thinking about 2 subs in a custom enclosure either side of the car with an amp sitting shallow in a raised false floor?

sound any good

mk2 ph1
quick responce and straight to the point, im thinking about doing an install wen i get some money and im going to design it not so save time later, i need to keep boot space with the best sound quality i can, im thinking about 2 subs in a custom enclosure either side of the car with an amp sitting shallow in a raised false floor?

sound any good

Doesn't really solve your problem though does it?

I would at least consider building into the spare wheel well, some really nice installs on this site which have done it and have done a very clean job with keeping all the usability of the boot.

Would of course have to invest in some tire weld or similar just in case :)

E60 diesel powah
not finished yet...few things need doin..

shud b tomoro or sat

DSC00187.jpg

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
free air subs are poo. i'm yet to hear a speaker that sounds nice thats not in an enclosure

I have a free air 10" aliante in the boot of my rover mini cooper running off a zpa 0.3 and it sounds awsome.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I have a free air 10" aliante in the boot of my rover mini cooper running off a zpa 0.3 and it sounds awsome.

yeah but the mini is a small car with a small boot which i imagine is isolated from the rest of the cabin?

Know's it he he ... Not totally sealed, does sound preety good for what it is. Tight fast and drop quite well for i/b, til i get back in the clio with two Focal utopia 33 wx's.

Free Air subs arent really free air when installed in a classic mini because the boot space is so small and isolated its basically a box for the sub!

Dink is right, free air speakers of any description sound about as good as me farting!

Build a false floor and a cover for the sub. that way you wont damage the sub and wont lose too much boot space