ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freebone's SDV Valver Detail

106 GTi
Neil came up today for PC'ing on the valver.

Things started off well with the a wash and the sun out - but the rain soon came down meaning fighting with it to get the car done. Ended up defeated though.

Managed to PC the top half of the car, but the rain set in meaning we could not do the lower half car, front and rear valences :(

The car was covered in buffer trails for a machine polish before and covered with fine swirls. Hoping the SSR 2.5 has sorted but no real light to see. Paint cleaned up lovely a real noticeable line when a panel was half done.

Bits we did do!

Poorboys SSR 2.5 by PC a light cut pad.
Optimum Polish by PC a polishing pad.
P21s Wax by hand.

No time to do trim or glass or arches or tyres so no dressing ;)

Work in progress pics on my site

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/sdv/index.html

106 GTi
IMG_9756.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9759.jpg

106 GTi
Cheers bud - It would have made life easier if we got to do the bot half of the doors.

Neil took them off to clay as he said it was easier without them. Never done a valver before to know!

Glad we will be inside next weekend on that CSL!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Would look better with tyre dressing ;)

Gutted to hear the weather didn't hold out, the parts you did look very good though, looks almost strange seeing an old blue without swirls! Any plans to finish before FCS?

106 GTi
;)

Neil's going to do the front and rear valences and lower doors and quarters with Scratch X. That should sort it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yep rich i will be going through the process as you said......

then a few other bits and bobs to go on the car and come off....

cheers again rich

106 GTi
No probs chap, shame we could not do it all. The process will get it looking spot on for the FCS.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Buy one of those potable canopies from costco dead cheep and a car would fit under just incase it rained..!