ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freeview/aerial problem!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
In our house one of the tv's downstairs connects to the aerial and can receive Freeview via the built in tuner with no problems at all.
However the tv in the bedroom can pick up a couple of channels through a Freeview box and even then gets a very poor signal, most of the time it's unwatchable.
I thought perhaps the Freeview box was old and knackered so I purchased a new one today with built in Freeview HD (although I don't think I'm in the catchment area yet
frown.gif
)

Anyway, the signal is still very weak and when scanning for channels I can only seem to pick up BBC 4, the odd Freeview channel and some radio stations.

The aerial for the property is on the roof and I think is pointing in the correct direction - must be ok as the tv downstairs is fine. There's an aerial point in the bedroom which I've connected the new Freeview box to so I'm guessing that the link between here and the aerial is an issue?

Some advice on what to check would be most appreciated please
smile.gif

EDIT - just tried scanning for channels and it's picked up no channels!

Bumder With A Buffer
Get up in the loft and see if you have any splitters or junction boxes up their.

I bet you a packet of quarterbacks that you will find the aerial connection for your bedroom doesn't go anywhere.

So basically get up in the loft and try and trace where the wire from the bedroom point (or non working point) actually goes too.