ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2006

Golf R/Leon FR
must book my tickets asap!!
i stayed in the same hotel as pootle last year but cant remember what its called?!!!lol was there with a sh*t load of saxo's from sax-p
will be there again this year!!!
traveled down from middlesbrough so was cleaning the car at 5am in the morn at the hotel!!

1.8 Civic EX
how about everyone that is on the stand gets those forumname/real name stickers in the rear quater "rally style" with cliosport number plates. The cars could be in blocks of colour but maybe in a row like old, new, old, new, old, new.... just to mix it up a bit??!? would take a fair bit of planning tho what with people turning up at different times...

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Make a "Tricoloure" French flag using about 6 blue cars, 6 white cars, and 6 red cars... ^_^

May have to change white cars for silver... PLENTY of them lyin' around...lol

-Akira

mk1 phase 3
just bin down the pub and as pub conversations do, we got onto the topic of the french car show! anyway, a couple of my mates out of pgac and ssc were on about how they are going down on the saturday morning, because these clubs have got dedicated track time on the saturday before aswell, and have also got permission to camp on the grounds saturday night. just wonderd if cliosport have got this, cuz it would be good for everybody planning to go down saturday, and even for people who dont want to go on the track sunday to have a little blast on saturday when there isnt as many people.
anybody else heard about this?

just wondered cuz they are going down and camping and i dont want to be a billy no mates and go on my own sunday and would like to camp! anybody know anything about the camping situation?

Time Out mate

1 - Sessions on Saturday are privately booked and as it stands we have NOT decided if its open to you guys or just those involved. Difficulty is traders and venue set up on Saturday and sensible guys are okay but there is an element who may ruin it for everyone (you all know what I mean by that I hope).

Morning Sax-p and Afternoon Rallye Register - scroll to bottom of this page:-

http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/fcs06/track.php

2 - Nobody can camp within Brunts as it's a new car storage facility, we are arranging a camp site outside the venue hopefully within a couple hundred metres. Details tbc.

I will clarify this with PGAC and SSC members as well.

mk1 phase 3
ok, nice one. what i said is what i heard. just wondered what actually was happening. but you have cleared it up! ill keep an eye out for camping details!
cheers :)

307 hdi (powered by derv)
i like the sound of the cars lined up like flags. Sounds a good idea. Need to book my tickets as soon as i get paid.

1.8 Civic EX
fUbAr said:
Are forum users going to be allowed on the Club stand?

if not, how will we control this...?

Thanks, Dan :)

this is a very good point! don't wish to upset the forum users but it does seem a tad unfair if the stand is full of forum users cars instead of members...

Disastra Coupe
acrebo said:
The only risk of colours together is, like the Zetec S stand at FITP last year, there will be seas of the same colours together. So you'll have loads of silver 172's and Blue Williams all grouped together which may make it a bit boring...

And if i could be there I'd probably be sat on my own lol. Not seen any other Lavendar Blue Clio's on here... makes mine a little special :approve: lol

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
Sorry if i sound incredibly stupid here but im relativly new to all this and dont want to end up having loads of ballache and spending too much money.

what is the score with the cliosport stand? is it just so we can park together or is it for showing off modifications and competing?

is there somewhere to camp or is it travellodge all the way?
will there be any convoy's travelling down the a1 past darlington which wouldnt mind me tagging along?

We have a designated area within the showground where we can park our cars - this is 'the stand' that is referred to! Some sort of layout will be worked out once we know likely numbers then you'll be arranged when you get there on the day. It means that you get to show off your car while not parking it outside with the 'commoners' ;) lol

You need to buy your ticket but quote cliosport so you get a stand pass to let you onto the stand.
The cars on the stand will be judged for Car of the Year award.
You will also need to buy tracktime as well if you want it.

I believe camping is being sorted by FCS but it's not on site?
Travellodge is always a good bet though :)

And plenty of convoys hopefully! :cool:

Am gonna go:D

Don't know anyone but sure will get to meet some of you's, aint ordered tickets an yet but will do!!

Still no word on if the stand is Members Only.

Can someone clarify this please, and if it is... how we prove our membership at the show?

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
fUbAr said:
Still no word on if the stand is Members Only.

Can someone clarify this please, and if it is... how we prove our membership at the show?

Dude remember when you first joined (roughly same time as me) we had those membership cards? Dont know whether new members get them now but maybe a good idea/thought for the show?

Adam

ajketley said:
Dude remember when you first joined (roughly same time as me) we had those membership cards? Dont know whether new members get them now but maybe a good idea/thought for the show?

Adam

the membership cards are coming back.

it would just be nice to know if its members only on the stand or not... if anyone's allowed on the stand i wont bother renewing my membership and use the £5 for another sprint run! :)

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
cool, maybe if the stand is members only it would be a good idea to do it before may, though there is 1075 members to send out too! :eek:

1.8 Civic EX
cards are quite a good idea but anyone could just say "oops I forgot it"

Is it only members that can post on the "list of attende's" (sp)?? If it is then problem solved. "If your names not down your not coming in"

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Yeh just logged out to see and is read only. So im guessing they will just use that list and cross off when you arrive?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup deff need clarification.

Surely it shud be members only on the club stand...

Mk2 172 (Silver)
As with all major ClioSport shows and events they are for MEMBERS ONLY!!!!!
Apologies I thought I had put this in the first post (will edit it to clarify).

Events last year were opened up to forum users as well purely for the reason we were unable to take memberships, they are readily available now so the restriction on events to Members Only firmly stands!!

With all other shows this isn't a problem and easily monitored as we (ClioSport) deal with ticket issue ourselves. FCS is slightly different as you guys get your tickets direct from the show organisers which obviously makes it increasingly difficult to monitor who is going (partly the reason we also have the attendance list). We are looking into this and hopefully have a solution.

Hope that clears everything up as much as I can right now...as soon as we have some safeguard for Members Only in place I will let you all know!!

Em

Golf R/Leon FR
J Rock - im staying in the lutterworth travellodge as many off here are. just booked my rooms. ill be convoying down from middlesbrough on the sat we could meet up on the way down.

Disastra Coupe
I'm really looking forward to this. I should be coming into abit of money soon as I've got rid of my old toy (trials bike) and that is going to buy me my wheels. Hopefully be able to get an exhuast system on and get it lowered for the show.

I certainly haven't got a membership card, if we do need one for the show it'd be nice if I could have one because I'd love to see it sat with the rest of your lot's car's. But see what happens, 'ey? :)