ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2017 - Reserve your place on the ClioSport.net stand! (15th-16th July)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Was great to finally meet you mate.

Thanks for taking me out for a few laps.

You're a very talented driver that's for sure :up:
Yes it was good to finally meet you too mate!

No problem at all! Was a pleasure! You're too kind mate, thanks. I'll get that video uploaded as soon as I can!

Was good to chat to @NorthloopCup today, that car looks and sounds amazing. Shame the bloody tannoy ruined my efforts to record you on track.
Good to chat with you to @Sunglasses_Ron, I hope you kept your new sticker on the back[emoji1]. Can't wait fir csf now. I'll get some stuff to clean my car at the next show, I promise not to let the side down again.
Good to meet you too mate! Cheers buddy! It was popping and banging like mad when Ron was in with me! 😂

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Was good to chat to @NorthloopCup today, that car looks and sounds amazing. Shame the bloody tannoy ruined my efforts to record you on track.
Good to chat with you to @Sunglasses_Ron, I hope you kept your new sticker on the back[emoji1]. Can't wait fir csf now. I'll get some stuff to clean my car at the next show, I promise not to let the side down again.

Good to see you mate :up:

I've just remembered that sticker is still on there 😂

Was a good show although a little surprised by how few trade stands there were! Nice to put some faces to usernames too!

Just can't believe my sat nav took me and @T9 0LLE down the dusty track into the circuit and completely ruined how clean my car had managed to stay for the 180 mile journey there in like 2 minutes 🙈

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Was a good show although a little surprised by how few trade stands there were! Nice to put some faces to usernames too!

Just can't believe my sat nav took me and @T9 0LLE down the dusty track into the circuit and completely ruined how clean my car had managed to stay for the 180 mile journey there in like 2 minutes 🙈
Yeah I was also regretting not coming in the bottom entrance!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah god knows why the sat nav was sending people that way. I didn't have anything to clean all the dust off my car, gutted after I spent a couple of hours polishing the damn thing yesterday!
@andybond the new wheels look great pal.
@T9 OLLE your car looks so good, the gold wheels really suit it. Shame I didn't bump into you and @182_steve for a chat, maybe @csf?

Whose was this inferno? The pair of them were really tidy but I liked the wheels on this one.
8e211ed3267bfb5e7a821fc240791c7f.jpg

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yep- just got back myself. One other very nice Phase 1 (Mark:) and good talking to the admin guys n girls, and Sunglasses Ron of course:) (Shame CS Dave couldnt make it)
Young guys next to me in the silver Phase 2- credit to you for your first ever track day, and everyone else i spoke to was nice to meet you. Very tempted for Cliosport festival all the way upnorth.

My track sesh great fun, was overtook by just about everyone on first 20mins, then found my feet and sussed the track line out a bit. Some struggled to keep up with me occasionally. Left the site with no plates,and when at the petrol station checked the tyre pressures and they were all bleeding over the place quite severely. So think that may have contributed to my lardiness

Still, great day, home safe, and the cars still a runner . LOL

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
It was nice to finally put some names to faces! Great day had all round, first time on track has definitely got me wanting more! Back in the campsite now ready to do it all again tomorrow :up:

@chris blue was nice chatting to you mate, hope your track session went well

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_092045.jpg
    IMG_20170715_092045.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 22

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
It was nice to finally put some names to faces! Great day had all round, first time on track has definitely got me wanting more! Back in the campsite now ready to do it all again tomorrow :up:

@chris blue was nice chatting to you mate, hope your track session went well

Let us know how you get on today Ryan :)
My sesh, enjoyed it thoroughly. but everyone overtaking me (Fair few turbos) makes me think i must sharpen up, or get a quicker car. 197 sounds nice :)

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I was parked with the RS197/200 lot a bit up from you guys, looked like a good turnout and had a good nosey around the stand!
Just got home now, sunburnt and knackered but was an ace weekend, did have a wonder round the VAG show today too which was decent also.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I was parked with the RS197/200 lot a bit up from you guys, looked like a good turnout and had a good nosey around the stand!
Just got home now, sunburnt and knackered but was an ace weekend, did have a wonder round the VAG show today too which was decent also.
I spotted your car Steve but didn't see you at all. It was a good turn out of mk3's up there, no alien green though they stay with the elite [emoji1] [emoji106]

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I spotted your car Steve but didn't see you at all. It was a good turn out of mk3's up there, no alien green though they stay with the elite [emoji1] [emoji106]
Yeah was a good turnout, managed to win 2nd best club stand too, not bad for a 9 month old club!
You're right actually, can't think of any AGs in the club at all!

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Just home, had a great weekend!
Spent my entire time away from the stand so didn't get a chance to speak, that and I'm socially inept at the best of times! Haha, it was my girlfriends first trip to something like that and I'm pleased to say she genuinely enjoyed it [emoji1303] Well done for the turnout, I'll be back again next year, aiming to hit the track next time too...

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Really appreciate that . I was a bit 50/50 on them TBH.

Few people came up to me and commented they liked them as well.

Of course I dont do the car stuff for anyone else but me , but it helps ease the mind.

Clio 172
My first time on the cs.net stand and I have to say I was made to feel very welcome and I've learnt a lot more about this club, well done to everyone "behind the scenes" I'll be back again next year, ALSO my first proper time on track with my 197 and I'm shocked as to how well it handled, had a few cheeky overtakes lol, did anyone get pictures of me?

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 20

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
My first time on the cs.net stand and I have to say I was made to feel very welcome and I've learnt a lot more about this club, well done to everyone "behind the scenes" I'll be back again next year, ALSO my first proper time on track with my 197 and I'm shocked as to how well it handled, had a few cheeky overtakes lol, did anyone get pictures of me?

Was good to meet you mate