ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Plates - How??

02 Clio Extreme
i would like to buy some french plates for the clio..
ive seen a couple of websites that will do them, and have had a fiddle.

BUT.. would they be legal? where would i register them?

if i ordered a pair of plates. how would i put them on my car legally?

You cant put them on legally, just have to take a chance on the fine if you really want them.

As for registering I'm not sure what you are getting at, if its just your current registration number but in french spacing/font etc then you dont have to register anything.

BMW F31
i would like to buy some french plates for the clio..
ive seen a couple of websites that will do them, and have had a fiddle.

BUT.. would they be legal? where would i register them?

if i ordered a pair of plates. how would i put them on my car legally?

was the site english? the only sites i've found that do french ones are american sites :S

audi a6 3.0tdi
any pics of the car with the plates on? i like the idea of doing this ever since i saw a golf with german plates

Black Dynamique 1.2
got some too, from europlates.com

DSCN1679.jpg

new9.jpg

ye american sites they are. so they would be illegal if i put them straight onto the car?

They would be illegal yes. Anything other than standard size/front lettering with correct spacing and the correct EU marking are illegal. If they are clear enough to read as most are it will be down to luck whether you get pulled for them. Some coppers are more picky than others so it really will depend on if they are noticed.