ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freshly Clayed updated 182pics

E

escotty90

Nicely done! Looks like you've stole barrons 182 lol

love the engine bay too!!

However, please loose the dirty sponges covered in grit from the floor

Whos Barron?? i wana see his motor.
N thanks for ur concern about the sponges m8 lol they have bin washed n cleaned for another day now. :)

E

escotty90

Yeah, sorry I did realise this. However, you can also get them I'm the small side light bulbs too;)

Ah ok no worries... ye i know the sidelights u mean, bit to chav-tastic for me tho. Ill stick to standard sidelights i reckon. :D

IMG_0336.jpg

Hi!

Great work Cleaning up tha clio!

The best engine bay i ever saw m8, cheers for the superb look.:approve:

tkz!

a black one
Ah ok no worries... ye i know the sidelights u mean, bit to chav-tastic for me tho. Ill stick to standard sidelights i reckon. :D

Yeah I guess so! Quite like the smoked repeaters though and a good pricecat £12.90 a pair, tempted myself. They're about £20+ each from k-tec iirc, was looking a while back.

How the hell do you get your engine bay looking so pristine?

E

escotty90

Yeah I guess so! Quite like the smoked repeaters though and a good pricecat £12.90 a pair, tempted myself. They're about £20+ each from k-tec iirc, was looking a while back.

How the hell do you get your engine bay looking so pristine?

Thanks guys:D

The engine bay...

Well once the manifold was polished i just made sure tht every other time i clean the car i went over the polished metal with matal polish and the engine cover with some of wat ever car polish im using at the time usually a bit of Meguiars gold class. i also use some trim spray on the hosing n make sure its all spic n span n hover any o the dust out of the bay that might creep in there... i think i may suffer from a lil O.C.D lol

if u wana know bout the mods in there n more details bout the metal polishing PICS etc then let me no :)

a black one
Thanks guys:D

The engine bay...

Well once the manifold was polished i just made sure tht every other time i clean the car i went over the polished metal with matal polish and the engine cover with some of wat ever car polish im using at the time usually a bit of Meguiars gold class. i also use some trim spray on the hosing n make sure its all spic n span n hover any o the dust out of the bay that might creep in there... i think i may suffer from a lil O.C.D lol

if u wana know bout the mods in there n more details bout the metal polishing PICS etc then let me no :)

Actually yeah, could you talk me through how you got your engine cover the way it is... I mean it lookks like you've sprayed it but it also has the decal/lettering (whatever you call it) still on there?

E

escotty90

This car is stunning, i really need to find somebody that can help me polish my inlets in gagging to do it!!!

Impact metal finishing in Nottingham m8... ask for a fella called Dez n mention the forum. He will sort u out.
0115 9879302

U will just need to drive down there take it all apart in the car park n give it him for a hr or 2. You could also just take it off at home n post it to him or have some one run u down with it.

He charges about £40-50 depending on how much u have done.
I paid sumut like £50 for the manifold n fuel rail then went bk n paid £20 for my battery cover n throttle body.

Few stage pics for ya.

Viper added

n509002151_827417_5596.jpg

+ Leads and plugs

n509002151_873777_7991.jpg

inlet polished and RS tuning re map

n509002151_1538537_3736.jpg

2638_85632117151_509002151_2373616_.jpg

+ battery cover and polished throttle body

4943_111023547151_509002151_2799271.jpg

+ engine cover - top mounts,group n engine mounts and strut brace ;)

SANY0181_2.jpg

SANY0185_2.jpg

SANY0190_2.jpg

SANY0191_2.jpg

SANY0193_2.jpg

E

escotty90

Actually yeah, could you talk me through how you got your engine cover the way it is... I mean it lookks like you've sprayed it but it also has the decal/lettering (whatever you call it) still on there?

No worrys... Its quite simple m8.

First take sum pics of your original cover so you no where the decals sit.
Then go on ebay n buy some new decals. Mine were sumut like £1 ;)

Then Sand down / key your original cover including the 2lt 16v decals, in fact just sand them off completely.

• Plastic primer the cover prob want 2 or 3 coats
• Then go get ya paint, i went to Halfords n got 2 bottles of anthracite mixed up... used the same paint code as my wheels so they mach.
• bash a few coats of that on
• then lacquer it.

Then refer bak to ur fotos so u no how it looked before and add the decals accordingly.

I may go have my cover re done and get it powder coated as some moron mechanic scratched mine.
luckily its right at the bak so u cant see it but still :S dose my head in.

Here is some pics of my cover n my m8s bays...

M8 marks 172 bay... all powder coated i believe
100_0815.jpg

100_0816.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-1.jpg

6014_260061370413_835465413_8514497.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

GW 200
Stunning car and engine bay. A lot of time and effort well spent. After seeing that I'm considering getting my engine bay machine polished now. Damn you! :rasp:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost in total for the upper inlets, intake plenum and fuel guard to be done?

E

escotty90

Stunning car and engine bay. A lot of time and effort well spent. After seeing that I'm considering getting my engine bay machine polished now. Damn you! :rasp:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost in total for the upper inlets, intake plenum and fuel guard to be done?

do it m8.. worth it.

I got my inlet and fuel rail guard done first n that was £40-£50

Then i got my battery cover n throttle body done at a later date n that was a extra £20-£30

GW 200
do it m8.. worth it.

I got my inlet and fuel rail guard done first n that was £40-£50

Then i got my battery cover n throttle body done at a later date n that was a extra £20-£30

A lot cheaper than I thought it would be. How long did it take him? Did you say you had to remove the parts yourself?

E

escotty90

A lot cheaper than I thought it would be. How long did it take him? Did you say you had to remove the parts yourself?

Ye i had to remove all parts my self... did it in the car park. Dead easy.
It only tuk bout 2hrs to do the lot.

GW 200
Ye i had to remove all parts my self... did it in the car park. Dead easy.
It only tuk bout 2hrs to do the lot.

Sorry to sound like a complete noob and tit in one here :eek: but whats involved in removing and refitting the inlets and fuel guard? Any gaskets need replacing, greasing or anything? never removed anything bar an air filter from the engine bay before and have the automotive technical knowledge of roadkill! :dapprove:

E

escotty90

Sorry to sound like a complete noob and tit in one here :eek: but whats involved in removing and refitting the inlets and fuel guard? Any gaskets need replacing, greasing or anything? never removed anything bar an air filter from the engine bay before and have the automotive technical knowledge of roadkill! :dapprove:

Just a load of 10mm bolts to honest m8.

Dead dead easy. no need for new gaskets or greasing of anything. u just have to be careful u dont lose any bolts and that u dont over tighten the bolts wen u put it all bak together. If u ever want it done n u go down there then by all means giv us a shout n il come take it apart n put it bk together for you. Just giv us some notice befor hand. :)

GW 200
Just a load of 10mm bolts to honest m8.

Dead dead easy. no need for new gaskets or greasing of anything. u just have to be careful u dont lose any bolts and that u dont over tighten the bolts wen u put it all bak together. If u ever want it done n u go down there then by all means giv us a shout n il come take it apart n put it bk together for you. Just giv us some notice befor hand. :)

Well it's now added to the list of things I want for the wee pocket rocket :D

But its a long list thats taking a long time. Had the car six months and had to pay £550 for service, fluids change and belts, £140 for recovery and new tyre after my brand new T1R exloded in middle of the cumbria, £435 bill due to a knackered power steering pump :dead: So all i've managed to do so far is replace a rear bumper strip that had parking sensors in, fit standard airbox and filter, uprate front pads with ferodo ds performance and replace rear pads with oem. Think new PE2's are first on the list though. But if i get round to the engine bay polishing then I may take you up on that offer, thanks. And thanks for the info on it and details of the place in nottingham :D

a black one
No worrys... Its quite simple m8.

First take sum pics of your original cover so you no where the decals sit.
Then go on ebay n buy some new decals. Mine were sumut like £1 ;)

Then Sand down / key your original cover including the 2lt 16v decals, in fact just sand them off completely.

• Plastic primer the cover prob want 2 or 3 coats
• Then go get ya paint, i went to Halfords n got 2 bottles of anthracite mixed up... used the same paint code as my wheels so they mach.
• bash a few coats of that on
• then lacquer it.

Then refer bak to ur fotos so u no how it looked before and add the decals accordingly.

I may go have my cover re done and get it powder coated as some moron mechanic scratched mine.
luckily its right at the bak so u cant see it but still :S dose my head in.

Here is some pics of my cover n my m8s bays...

M8 marks 172 bay... all powder coated i believe
100_0815.jpg

100_0816.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-1.jpg

6014_260061370413_835465413_8514497.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

Awesome work. think I might have to produce!!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
This looks stunning! I need to put some time aside to clay mine. What polisher you use for this fella?

E

escotty90

This looks stunning! I need to put some time aside to clay mine. What polisher you use for this fella?

Cheers dude.

I use meguiars gold class polish on it every time i polish it and i used the meguiars clay system on it wen i clay it :) as for the chrome i use Autosol polish.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Cheers dude.

I use meguiars gold class polish on it every time i polish it and i used the meguiars clay system on it wen i clay it :) as for the chrome i use Autosol polish.

Hand or machine polish though? :eek: