ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friends and Family discount

Has anyone used this before? My friend is kindly going to get me a friends and family discount. What I am unsure of is when the discount is applied.

She is really busy with work at the moment so I don't want to pester her with questions just thought someone on here might have been through this.

Can you only get

list price - discount = cost?

Or can you get

list price - dealer discount - discount = cost?

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers for the help

D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Purchased my old mans Clio on F&F, Went in told them what car wanted negotiated deal, then told them it was on F&F.... Dealership was not happy with me.

You get them at a fixed price discount what the discount is depends what you buy.

The dealers hate them though because they get a fixed price to do the paper work not the money they would normally get so say a £15k car they sell normaly for 2k profit (it there buying for £13k as such) there selling on f and f for the fixed price of 10.5k and get 250 for the paperwork pre checks etc.

SLK250 CDI
^^ Was like that when we got a Vauxhall on similar discount, there were no extras to be had and we almost got screwed on part-ex. Went to several dealers and they all let us walk without a deal because they weren't interested...eventually found one where business must have been slow that day because we ended up doing OK with them.

Black 182
I got mine on F & F, the discount was taken off sale price, thats all I know, my brother-in-law did it for me.

I belive the rate of discount and what they can do varies from month to month.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
DISCO!!! Long time no see dude!

F&F discount is taken off the list price. You will get a better deal buying a Pre-Reg car. Also ask her about unbundled support. Just before I left Renault there were some rediculous money off offers under that programme.

Superfastdan ;)

Ian

Focus TDCi
As far as I know friends and family is between 19 and 30% off list price, I almost went down that route, probably should have really.

Hi Dan,

I have been working very hard moved to Landen so have been hiding away lots of scary stuff down here like people and traffic for me to worry about ha ha :) plus they have only just got internet down here not like up in Scotland! Hope you are good.

Cheers for the info all. My dad wants a Laguna and the Discount on those is only 15% at the moment :-( Might try and convince him to get a Megan instead.

I will ask about the unbundled support as well.

Cheers All

D

Ian

Focus TDCi
The clue is in the name really, either somebody in your family that works for Renault or a friend who does. The guy that could have done it for me was a somebody my dad kind of knows.. so it was a bit dubious, he would have done it though.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Friends and Family discounts, as they were, are no longer running.

As Daniel says, ask for an unbundled deal.

Some huge % discounts to be had. Upto 20% on some models.

Your best shout on a Laguna will be around 15% at the mo.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've had my last 2 on F & F, the 182 was 30% off, the Trophy 18%.

I had F & F for the Cup but it wasn't needed, I got 21.4% off list anyway.