ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Civic to Clio...

Hey all, I Have recently sold my EJ9 Civic, and purchased a 1.4 Clio! I will start a project thread next week as I have already ordered some goodies for my build.

I had a quick question though, which will give a poor impression of me from the off.. However coming prior from the Honda JDM world, I have little knowledge on Renault, including the Clios.. Was just wondering if anyone could clear up the exact difference between the 172, 172 Cup, 182, 182 Cup, 182 Trophy?
I originally thought the 172s were the preface lift MK2, but having seen some since with the triangular headlights I'm obviously mistaken.. What I have gathered so far is the 172 Cup was a lightweight version of its processor, but that's about all. Any info greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Twiz!

Hey all, I Have recently sold my EJ9 Civic, and purchased a 1.4 Clio! I will start a project thread next week as I have already ordered some goodies for my build.

I had a quick question though, which will give a poor impression of me from the off.. However coming prior from the Honda JDM world, I have little knowledge on Renault, including the Clios.. Was just wondering if anyone could clear up the exact difference between the 172, 172 Cup, 182, 182 Cup, 182 Trophy?
I originally thought the 172s were the preface lift MK2, but having seen some since with the triangular headlights I'm obviously mistaken.. What I have gathered so far is the 172 Cup was a lightweight version of its processor, but that's about all. Any info greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Twiz!

172 is a 172 break-horse power car with 5 spoke alloys..
The Cup is the same but has ABS, Traction control, half leather seats, different alloys (I think) and air con. I believe the 172 cup is faster due to reduced weight.
The 182 is a 182bhp car with 10 spoke 182 alloy wheels and front zenons.
The 182 Cup
Cup Spoiler- Its a bigger than standard spoiler- ( if you didnt spec this you get ordinary 'shallow' spoiler), Cup Splitter- The black rubber strip under front bumper ( if you didnt spec this you get nothing), Cup Suspension- upgraded springs which sit the car lower 8mm & anthracite alloys- ( If you didnt spec this you get standard susp & bright silver alloys.

There is also a 182 Cup Full Fat which has all the interior upgraded, and all the cup exterior accessories..

Have never owned any of them so I may be missing a few things out but from what I gather thats some of the differences

clio 172 cup
the 172 cup doesnt have abs,t/c,leather seats or a/c hence its lighter
​the normal 172 has these

Thankyou, That's extremely helpful! What about the 182 Trophy? Just further upgraded I take it? Also, how common are the Sport V6 Clios? any on this thread? I think they are stunning!

Thankyou, That's extremely helpful! What about the 182 Trophy? Just further upgraded I take it? Also, how common are the Sport V6 Clios? any on this thread? I think they are stunning!

V6's are pretty Rare.. I think i've only seen two driving on the roads and not at shows..

My explanation mustn't have been very good then LOL.. oh well..

Filippo, That's perfect mate couldn't ask for anything more! Am I able to fit the 182 Bodykit to my 1.4, or is only the 172s transferable? Also whats the deal with putting the Gun metal grey 182 alloys onto mine? cheers

Passat
Filippo, That's perfect mate couldn't ask for anything more! Am I able to fit the 182 Bodykit to my 1.4, or is only the 172s transferable? Also whats the deal with putting the Gun metal grey 182 alloys onto mine? cheers

Theres no difference in 'body kit' really. Interior is all the same too - assuming you go the alacantra (sp?) route. The rear bumper on 182's is shaped to fit the twin exhausts so that would look a bit daft. Search for some replicas on here mate, you'll find all the info you need.