ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Gaming PC to Laptop.

Clio sport 182
So... I've moved house and I've sold my gaming pc. It was a alien ware but sold as I didn't have the time to use it and was devaluating day by day.

So my question is I'm wanting somthing portable but that can also play the likes of CS:GO (CountrtStrike) with around 300fps.

I'm used to a 144hz monitor and I wouldn't get that using a laptop however.. I've seen this MSI one now I'm after some information about laptop gaming and this laptop on general and its value for money. What will it play at good quality?

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/msi-...ce=ldadwords&gclid=CJvRtLHYy80CFTAz0wod2MkHTQ

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Apart from the obvious 'gaming laptop' considerations - I'd have to ask whether or not you needed it after stating "...sold as I didn't have the time to use it and was devaluating day by day"

Are you likely to use this any more just because it's portable? Just an observation....

Clio sport 182
Apart from the obvious 'gaming laptop' considerations - I'd have to ask whether or not you needed it after stating "...sold as I didn't have the time to use it and was devaluating day by day"

Are you likely to use this any more just because it's portable? Just an observation....

Yes mate as it's portable for work too! That's the idea! So I'm after what it's going to be like in xomparising.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Should be fine for CS:GO, but I'd personally look for an i7 quad core CPU and an nVidia 960M GPU. The 940 is mediocre but CS:GO is also an old game so...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
A gaming laptop is always a mistake in my mind... :tonguewink:

Just kidding mate, I appreciate there are reasons for buying such an item. They are just too limiting and inflexible in my opinion and - this is a big one - trying to play games on a laptop screen (even 17.3") isn't that great an experience (again, that's just my opinion).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate as it's portable for work too! That's the idea! So I'm after what it's going to be like in xomparising.
Ah - sounds good if you need an all-rounder, then. There is the option of outputting the image to a bigger monitor/TV - but I guess you're defeating the benefit of a laptop in the first place, doing that.

One thing I've started to see creeping back in popularity are the docking stations. A couple of laptop users at our place have shown interest in them, yet they died off about 6/7 years ago in popularity for us. I guess with the myriad of ports out there today, you can't easily fit them on the laptop chassis itself, hence these becoming useful again?