ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From iPhone to Blackberry?

Revels Mum & Sister
Right I had a Blackberry Curve for 15 months, LOVED it. OK the UI was basic but really all I used it for was Text, Email and Calls and the odd bit of info needed out on the road using Opera.

I also have a iPhone 3G and was running both, then one day out on the bike I forgot to zip my jacket pocket up and pop it fell out somewhere (The blackberry) I cried and thought never mind was meant to swap to the iPhone anyway!

However after 3 weeks I am getting severly pissed off with the iPhone. Its a great device but basic functions seem to frustrate me along with pathetic battery life. I have even Jailbreaked it to inject some life.

Has anyone here got a bold? Is it a big step up from the Curve? Should I move back to blackberry

Revels Mum & Sister
The iPhone contract is paid for via Work and the Handset mine.

I have a T-Mobile contract that was with the Blackberry. Although this is near the end. So network flexible.

Revels Mum & Sister
Nah it isnt unlocked. Wouldnt sell the iPhone and if I got another blackberry would be the bold

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
the bold is awesome, i have a bold and an iphone, howeve i would argue (heavily) that internet browing on a bold is nothing compared with the iphone. However everything else is pretty sweet :)

Clio 197 - TBP style
Im a massive blackberry fan, i just have a curve right now and thats great i will get the bold or whatever is out then. The bold looks very very good.

the bold is awesome, i have a bold and an iphone, howeve i would argue (heavily) that internet browing on a bold is nothing compared with the iphone. However everything else is pretty sweet :)
Completely agree! Surfing on the BB is s**t IMO. Nothing beats the iphone on that. But the Bold and the Storm as a phone, and email handset are awesome :)

Wait for the storm if your going to get anything

Revels Mum & Sister
When I meant surfing I meant like the odd cinema time or something of that nature! I agree it was far from perfect but did the job.

Wouldnt go for the Storm, dont want a touchscreen berry!

Mr2 Roadster
iPhone hiding in car door pocket for over two weeks, Pearl in had, Curve aquired for £26 and a Storm on order though my company contract!

Guess who I favour now!

Just upgraded my curve to a Bold, surfing is so much better on the bold but from the sounds of the above some way below the iphone!

I didn't want a touch screen Storm and tbh see it as very similer to the iphone

The bold has the following advantages over the curve, 3G, GPS (dependant on curve model), much sharper screen, the stock BMW M3 pic in white looks the dogs!

Also email and text screens are easier to read, keyboard has less separation between the keys so not as nice imo to use as the curve.

Revels Mum & Sister
I had a play with one tonight. I am sold. Bold here we come. Just need to sort one out now

SLK 350
Same ol' crappy UI.

Barely use my Pearl, build quality on them is shocking too, though the Bold is much improved in the quality stakes.

I'll be trying a Storm in a few weeks but for me they're simply an email tool, everything else is a pain.