ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Sao Paulo to eternity (F1 1982-1994)

Turbos.
Fantastic vid, must have taken forever to create. Obviously, safety is a great thing, but clearly we have lost an element of thrill because there it isn't quite as dangerous as it used to be. You really get the feeling when watching vids like this like the drivers and the cars were almost like nemesis'; to be tamed. Maybe its just the dramatic music!

I wonder if part of it is when I grew up or whether it's accurate to say that the 80's to early 90s era was some of the most brutally fast, viceral and thrilling F1 we'll ever see. It was far safer than years gone past but there was still the risk of fatality and the cars had crazy power but little of the grip and stability modern F1 cars enjoy.

I'm glad I grew up watching some of the arguably best drivers F1 has ever seen.

I miss the sparks, manual gearboxes and the cars bouncing all over the place and overtakes sometimes being full on drifts through corners with the throttle pinned.