ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From start to end, full year costs of my 200

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
As most will know a year ago I started logging every single £ spent on my 200 from the second I bought it at 2.5 years old with 18k miles on it. With a full year's data to play with, what have I learned?

It seems to be getting more economical with age/mileage. I'm going to get it RRd in february so will see what it's gained since it was run last year...it certainly feels stronger since being given some decent miles/abuse.

My commute favours the mpg massively with barely any traffic, junctions or braking for the 26 miles each way. Still impresses with the full year average though, I was expecting a much lower figure.

On track it needs a completely different approach compared to my 172 Cup, the back end is much more dependable so you can take huge liberties on the way in to compensate for the lack of grunt on the way out. Only been midly slapped by it twice so far...still learning it, still loving learning it.

A set of Yokohama Advan AD08s went on back in July and they've been a pleasant surprise. Was expecting a lot more of a compromise due to the track focus, but they dealt with the standing water at Llandow incredibly well. They have more grip than I'll ever need on the road and unlike the Micehlin Exaltos I ran before, don't evaporate on track. Have covered 8k miles so far including a wet Llandow and the hottest day of the year at Bedford; based on current tread depths, I'll see 10-12k out of them I think. Great tyres.

Random numbers from the last twelve months...

I've filled up with fuel 73 times

A hot dry day at Bedford wore 0.7mm of the AD08 front tyres

Each £1 spent on fuel gives me 5.32 miles

Kerbs are best avoided unless you want to fork out for new stub axle assemblies at £500

The trip meter has under estimated my actual MPG by 5.4%

A monsoon day at Llandow still managed to scrub 0.4 mm off the fronts

3 sidewall punctures in one year hurts

Slide1-8.jpg

Slide2-7.jpg

Slide3-5.jpg

Slide4-3.jpg

Slide5-3.jpg

Slide6-1.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Fair play to you on keeping track of everything, i would get bored/forget to note everything after about 1 day.

Love looking at these threads purely for the effort that's gone into making all the graphs. Brilliant work!

Audi A5
Brilliant work mark! Just wondering how can you put a figure on what your car is currently worth?

Trophy #387
Brilliant work mark! Just wondering how can you put a figure on what your car is currently worth?

I imagine that's the easiest thing out of everything he did?

Very nice... This is my kind of thing! Love seeing things like this.

Would dread to see what mine would be like, I kind of don't think it's worth looking at because of the insane costs.

R56 JCW
Awesome! I've had my 200 for less than 24 hours and can safely say, the trip computers do not do their job accurately! aha