ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front and Rear driver side foot well water pool?

CLio 172
Hey guys,

I know these cars have common problems of water leaking into foot wells and the first thing to check is the scuttle drains. Pretty sure left and right scuttle drains are clear since if I pour water down the A pillars the water flows freely to the ground. As for the centre scuttle, I don't think my car has one... I've taken out the wipers and cannot find the middle scuttle drain?

There was water leaking from a shaft thing behind the pedals? But it seems the amount of water leaking from it is quite low compared to the drenched foot well. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
IMG_20210925_104624.jpg

That’s the steering rack mate.

If you have a Mk2 Clio then you definitely have a middle drain hole. They arent the easiest to locate but there are a lot of threads on here with good pics and also on YouTube.

Its very likely these drain holes are your culprit but I suppose you also need to take a good look up the back of the dash to see what else it’s coming through the bulkhead. From memory, there isn’t much on the drivers side.

Is your heater still working? If not then take a look at the matrix.

CLio 172
Heater blower is my guess
How do I check to see if its the heater blower leaking? Is that the plastic tube thats under the driver seat?
That’s the steering rack mate.

If you have a Mk2 Clio then you definitely have a middle drain hole. They arent the easiest to locate but there are a lot of threads on here with good pics and also on YouTube.

Its very likely these drain holes are your culprit but I suppose you also need to take a good look up the back of the dash to see what else it’s coming through the bulkhead. From memory, there isn’t much on the drivers side.

Is your heater still working? If not then take a look at the matrix.
Yes heater still works. I just cleared the middle scuttle and there wasnt much in there...?