ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front brake pads

2004 clio 182 ff
I need to upgrade the front brakes on my 182 as I cooked them at last track day. I'm going for brembo hc discs but can't decide between ds2500 pads or carbone Lorraine? Its my daily driver so I want something that is suitable to run daily and work well from cold

Clio 182
I'm running ds3000 on my daily. I've also had the ds2500. Initial bite from the ds2500 is better but the stopping power of the 3000 is epic.

I will ill be removing them once bedded in though and going back to normal pads as I find them overkill for street.
I have a set of discs for each pad so I can swap and have instant bedded in setups.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If you do a fair few track days I'd go with CL's or DS3000's personally, with some decent fluid.

I run DS2500 on my track car and not had any problems at all. Only after good 15-20 mins do they start to feel off.

It was a road car too though when I put them in so next time I will be trying something more aggressive.

2004 clio 182 ff
I have already changed fluid to racing blue when I fitted my braided lines.i don't do a great deal of tracks days so I'm guessin the 2500's would be ideal? I'm looking at the ktec deal on them atm

They will probably be fine for what you want. They are even capable of doing trackdays too if you don't stay out for stupidly long sessions at a time.

Pm G 172 on here. He had the best price for them when I was looking. How much are they on K-Tecs website?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Or try the traders on here first? Atleast you know what you are getting, and it helps support them being on here. Even if the discs etc were a couple of quid dearer from the likes of George etc I'd still use him 100%.

Or try the traders on here first? Atleast you know what you are getting, and it helps support them being on here. Even if the discs etc were a couple of quid dearer from the likes of George etc I'd still use him 100%.

Defo, I'd much rather use a trader on here than save a couple of quid going to Ebay when you don't know what you might end up with.

Plenty of fake car parts on Ebay!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Thanks a lot lads!

Traders sections should be first place you look when you need anything, parts, servicing, insurance, etc

I'm also cheaper than camskill for the pads....

I've got both on shelf, unlike most on fleabay what ever their listings may say....

172 rag
I think that we should all apreciate the customer service that the traders in this community offer. I am a new member here but I have been amazed by the response time from both George and Andy in my inquiries. I would rather pay few more pounds and choose the same source that satisfy more like me..
or if i find something cheaper, ring a bell and say check your margins, your supplier etc.

In the past I tried pagid blue,ds 2500 and 3000 all with srf fluids and I found the pagid much superior (not in track days) in feeling and duration. What is the situation in the clio?

ff cup ur 200
I bought ds2500 pads for my 200 last year and did four track days using them and found them to be great never faded even when out for 40mins not tried any of the really high end pads tho so can't comment only downside is an occasional squeak which you don't notice while driving.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
and your service G172 is fantastic

do you sell oil filters G172 btw?

Thanks mate!

I don't stock them, but can get genuine parts like oil filters etc. I tend to get parts in for people if they're getting brakes at the same time and ask about filters etc