ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front brakes sticking.

RenaultSport 182
ok so iv put new discs and pads on the front and got them all back togehter but when the brake pedal is press and released the brakes on both sides are locking on.... if i loosen the caliper then re tighten it its fine then press the brake pedal again and it locks them... im goign round in circles with it.. anyone experienced this before and any idea to what it is causing it.. as i currently have no front wheels on the car on my drive and its getting colder by the second.

check the sliders are o grease them up if need be

check the pistons are pushed back straight not stuck etc

RenaultSport 182
solved so after a cup of tea and some head scratching the pads were slightly too long even after i had filed them down to begin with.. the paint on them was really really thick! and the pads were being trapped on the siders which are a peice of true french engineering! ie sh**e..

solved so after a cup of tea and some head scratching the pads were slightly too long even after i had filed them down to begin with.. the paint on them was really really thick! and the pads were being trapped on the siders which are a peice of true french engineering! ie sh**e..

Copy cat parts do suffer from being oversize

nothing wrong with the sliders though