ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Bumper on ph1 172

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
I have recently noticed that my front bumper has come away on the drivers side. theres a sort of clip that looks to hold it and as i look on the other side it seems to be stuck on somehow. has anyone else had this happen it just looks out of place????

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
Now im home i managed to take some pics

Below is the bad side

and below here the good side

its not really that noticeable from distance but close up its annoying

mine used to be the same on my old car.

one day i took it off and re-hung it myself, properly.

was fine after that.

Lots of Alfas
Mines also the same, you can bend the bumper hangers up a tad which fixes this a little, but to be honest Im not sure what causes this as there is nothing really to hold it in place there.

02' PH1 172
hahaha... i cant belive that all of you guys have this problem.. i just bought 172 and noticed the exact same thing is wrong with my bumper...wtf
is refitting the bumper the only way to fix it?? is it a mission taking it off and refitting?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
02 172 have different bumpers unless the different in south africa? the bumpers on these are one of the easist to take off. i have seen this where ppl put the bumper back on incorrectly.

02' PH1 172
02 172 have different bumpers unless the different in south africa? the bumpers on these are one of the easist to take off. i have seen this where ppl put the bumper back on incorrectly.

Na its the same bumper i think. In SA they sold the 172 ph1 until mid 2002 which is when the 172 ph2 came out.. i am right in saying that the diff beween the ph1 and the ph2 is the ph1 has the bug eye headlights and non crystal taillights and the ph2 has the upgraded crystal more triangle shape headlights and crystal taillights hey??

02' PH1 172
ye, dont think im gonna try do it myself.. thats when whole days get wasted on me breaking things