ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front caliper binding. Causes?

Right so I recently fitted new brakes to the front, Brembo HC discs and ferodo Ds2500 pads. (first time iv had to grind down the ends of a pad to fit it, disappointed in the quality for the price of them!!)

Anyway, I now think the front drivers caliper is binding. Drivers side sqeals a lot, and gets very hot compared to the other front wheel. The pads move freely in the carrier, and are well greased there. Also the piston extends and retracts fully! So what else could be causing a binding caliper?

Any help appreciated, cheers.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I fitted exactly the same setup to my clio and had the same issue, but because it actually stopped the car ok and I knew the calipers/pins were ok I just kept driving it and it sorted itself out, maybe the disk/pad combo is v slightly to wide.

Phase 1 172
Its worth pealing back the piston seal and checking the piston isnt corroded under it, preventing it from retracting fully (just had exactly that problem on my BMW and it warped the disc as well as killed the fuel economy but the piston was very corroded so didnt like the new pad/disc combo).

I fitted exactly the same setup to my clio and had the same issue, but because it actually stopped the car ok and I knew the calipers/pins were ok I just kept driving it and it sorted itself out, maybe the disk/pad combo is v slightly to wide.

Well stripped them this evening again, ground some more off the ends of the pads, and now it seems to only squel when using the brakes going slow. Might just leave it a while then, as they stop the car fine.

Its worth pealing back the piston seal and checking the piston isnt corroded under it, preventing it from retracting fully (just had exactly that problem on my BMW and it warped the disc as well as killed the fuel economy but the piston was very corroded so didnt like the new pad/disc combo).

Might have to do this if it still doesn't sort itself. Cheers.