ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front calipers to rear swap?

Clio 172
guys, i bought KTR/wilwood front brakes with calipers, discs, lines, pads included (arriving soon i hope) so i wonder if someone had swapped their OE front brakes to the rear brakes

regards

guys, i bought KTR/wilwood front brakes with calipers, discs, lines, pads included (arriving soon i hope) so i wonder if someone had swapped their OE front brakes to the rear brakes

regards
Not possible. The only swap (without modifying) is mk3 non sport setup which uses 197 pads and the disc has a bigger bearing. You could do peugeot calipers as well but its the same caliper design which is not so good

Clio 172
Not possible. The only swap (without modifying) is mk3 non sport setup which uses 197 pads and the disc has a bigger bearing. You could do peugeot calipers as well but its the same caliper design which is not so good

you mean mk3 fronts or mk3 rears?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
They’ll most likely lock up! Total overkill. Go for uprated pads and discs

Considering people have had problems where the rear pads have fallen out on track on oem setup, the change to mk3 setup is safer

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
i use my car for track i just want to brake later :D

As already said.. the std rear calipers are perfect for a Clio.. you won’t brake any later with bigger calipers on the back.. all you’ll do is change the brake balance and end up spinning into every corner as the rear try’s to overtake you

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't cup racers used to disconnect the rears ?
they're only there because the approval regs for road use state all wheels must brake .

Rs200t lux
My mate bought a vw golf rally car and tried to use it for a track car
The rear end was unusually heavily braked and all it did on track was lock up its rear end and all you did was spin round in a circle
Maybe great for gravel rally style driving but very frightening on the road or tarmac
Just stick with the standard rear and upgrade the front

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Interesting! So you can use non Sport rear Mk3 calipers and discs on a Mk2 is this a straight bolt on modification?
It's not for extra rear braking but another reason which I'm not going to allude to just yet lol
Rich

Interesting! So you can use non Sport rear Mk3 calipers and discs on a Mk2 is this a straight bolt on modification?
It's not for extra rear braking but another reason which I'm not going to allude to just yet lol
Rich
As far as I am aware its a straight bolt on. And Im not sure but would think its not restricted to the non sport calipers, although not sure of the different bore sizes if there is any, I know tons of cars use that caliper design though..