ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front calipers

DCi
how the feck do you get them off!!

Trying to change disks and the caliper bolts are not moving, I can't spot a pin or anything holding them on, are they something silly like opposite threaded??

here is a pic of the one at the top so you know which one i mean!

15z0fih.jpg

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Thats one of the bolts fella, no pins or l/h thread, mine were just super tight, and when initially turning dont seem to look like they are moving. I had to jack the car right up to get a breakers bar on them. WD-40 it, or get some penetrating oil overnight should work.

The other bolt is the other end of the caliper, identical to the one in the pic. You need to undo both to get a new disc on. And remember to support the caliper so you dont strain the brake hose! (bungee cords are good)

Last edited:
  Renault Clio Sport 172
The bolts are --kin tight , make sure you use a socket or the ring end of the spanner do not use the open end you might damage the bolt end , you have one of the bolts pictured as above reply says but remove the brake caliper first and then the hanger then you can remove /replace the disc , make sure you retighten all the bolts correctly , this is your brakes nothing else stops you , its err quite important lol

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
^ Never mind, sorted now :)

Is it just those 2 bolts holding the calipers on, or is there something else needs undone to get them off & take the pads out?