ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end repair?

Clio 1.2 Extreme 07
Hi all just after a bit of advise really, i have a 2007 Clio Extreme 1.2 (mk3 prefacelift?). It has heavy front end bodywork damage, both wings, both headlights, bumper, bumper bar (reinforcer bar?) and some other things that are neither here nor there. I have done loads of work on my previous cars (about 15 of them, about 14 of which were Vauxhall/Vectra). However no Renaults, and upon searching ebay for replacement parts i noticed that it now has a built-in parts compatibility checker, which is causing me confusion. Its telling me parts like front bumper from the 1.5 diesel wont fit my (exact same car, same year) 1.2 petrol. Is that right? Also im struggling to find any decent bits so having said that, if anyone has any front end parts going ill be happy to buy? Any hints and tips you may have would be more than appreciated!! Many thanks.

'08 1.2 TCE 5dr
I don't know for sure but I should think that to be not the case. A bumper is a bumper and as long as it's for the right year it should go on.

Also however, when you buy wings get 2 from the same car if possible and if not make sure they are a matching pair as the ones with 16" wheels have bigger arches than the ones with 15" ones.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
someone correct me if I'm wrong here but the only m2 ph2's with 16 inch wheels are the RS' in which case the wings are different anyway.

As long as it is a non campus then mk2 ph2 non sport parts should fit - bumper, wings wise.

'08 1.2 TCE 5dr
Sash, I think his is a mk3 though which come with 15/16" wheels depending on spec as my dynamique s has 16's with wider arches than my dads mates dynamique that has 15's and smaller arches