ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front gearbox mount, picture?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Anyone got a picture on theirs how it looks like fitted?

Cant see a way that it goes into the front gearbox as theres 2 holes :s yet only one bolt coming from the mount,

thanks,

James

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye lower on, whats that metal kinda thing though on the front? I bought the mount from ktec and all it is, is a rubber block with 2 threaded bolts coming out that cant be removed :s ph2 172 btw

Clio 182
This the one you mean mate? Only pic i have sorry.
DSC00543.jpg

RS RIP
Yep, when i bought mine all i received was what you got . The rest in the pic is what it is mounted to . Just like the upper righthand in the pic, the big piece of metal is not what you get when buying the mount; it is what the upper gearbox mount is mounted to **EDIT** ^^ like seen in the above pic here that's just been posted

Am i making sense :S

;) Dutch man trying his best English after a wild friday night

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
No theres another mount, right infront of the box, behind the radiator it is and is bolted to the subframe,

franx your english is fine dude :)

i think there's a simpler way, but i ended up taking the bracket it's mounted to off when i renewed mine

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
It looks like im missing this bracket then, because i know i have to drill a hole in the subframe because its a conversion but there was no sign of a bracket, anyone got a picture of it?

have you got the workshop manual? there's an illustration in there (can email them to you if you haven't)

ed. actually, if you search, there are online links to the manual - the illustration is in section 19.5

Cro

Meg'd r27
Shouldnt need to be drilling anything mate. The bottom bit of the mount bolts through the subframe, the top one bolts through a metal cover type thing and that is bolted to the gearbox

182 trackday racer
Red arrow: The steel bracket that the rubber part will mount to.

Green arrow: one of the bolts integrated in the rubber part sticking out. other bolt mounts through the subframe.

Last edited:
  Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Shouldn't need to be drilling anything mate. The bottom bit of the mount bolts through the subframe, the top one bolts through a metal cover type thing and that is bolted to the gearbox

I do unfortunately, because i have a 1.2 sub-frame and not a sport one. Fred did mention this in the beginning but i have left it till the end to do, bit stupid really :eek:

@ Godspeed your a legend, thanks for the pictures :)

Clio hatch 1.4 16v 2
I have the same problem...I need to drill the subframe for this front mount and I want to know where exactly.
Can someone helps me too with some measurements?...