ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front lights dirt cannot get rid of

Renault Clio
any one got any tips for this:

my from lights have dirt on them but when put it through a car wash or even try my self it does not remove any ideas?

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
Do you have a picture? is the dirt inside or outside the lens? stained or actual 'dirt' (i.e. mud, etc?)

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
Probably will need a quick sand and polish. Recently fitted some dual optics from ebay that came with some scuffs and scratches, only after a good clean up I realized the difference it made and how stained they used to be!
It isn't that hard a job, just gotta take your time and you will come out with some amazing results :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Dont start on 600 i made that mistake and it took forever to get the deep marks out. Try and start on the 1200 grit.

Renault Clio
Thanks all. i have started today i have got 800 wet sand and and a buffer i only did half hour and i can see the difference but doin rest tomorrow cheers all has really helped and making my car look at lot better:)

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
Seconded. Also I found best results to use a tiny bit of fairy liquid or other some sorta thing while wet sanding, makes it glide a little easier.

No car
I done this as per the guide but now all the cloudyness I sanded off seems to have stuck to my lights :-s is there anyway to get this off? Machine polish? It looks like the shines come off the lens'

Ph2 Flamer
The stuff you've got 'stuck' to your lights is probably clouding/milkyness caused by using 800 grit (i'm guessing here as you've not put a pic up). Give it some elbox grease with 1500, 2000 grit paper and I finished mine off with a black and decker with a polishing attachment from halfrauds and some meguiars scratch x. If you have a machine polisher though that's obviously preferable to a drill with an attachment.