ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front number plate.

Is it 'Legal' to have the front number plate as the sticker kind? On the front of the bonnet???

RS Clio 182 Trophy
yeah, had a sticker one on my old mini for a while and everyone i asked said it was alright!

I think it would look poo on a clio tbh (I realise thats not the question though);)
My ex boss ran one on the front of his ferrari 355 for ages.

I think it would look poo on a clio tbh (I realise thats not the question though);)
My ex boss ran one on the front of his ferrari 355 for ages.
Ummm, I was thinking the normal plate would cover up to much of my mesh. (Look silly)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Not so road legal.....

Taken from Craigs plates, follow link and he explains all:

Self-adhesive number plates for the bonnet of your car!

These number plates are reflective, and pass BSAU145d reflection tests; the characters are cut to the correct size and font, ie New Charles Wright. The height is 79mm and the spacing is correct as per DVLA requirements. However, these plates are NOT road legal!

Why?

We believe that because these number plates used to be sold in kit form in shops, it meant people had to make their own plates. DVLA did not want the consumer making their own plates as the room for error was greater! Pre-September 2001 these plates were always seen as ‘acceptable’. However, since the change in legislation people have become more conscious of putting them on their car.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have written a full article about this on our forum [/FONT]click here to view this article

Not so road legal.....

Taken from Craigs plates, follow link and he explains all:

Self-adhesive number plates for the bonnet of your car!

These number plates are reflective, and pass BSAU145d reflection tests; the characters are cut to the correct size and font, ie New Charles Wright. The height is 79mm and the spacing is correct as per DVLA requirements. However, these plates are NOT road legal!

Why?

We believe that because these number plates used to be sold in kit form in shops, it meant people had to make their own plates. DVLA did not want the consumer making their own plates as the room for error was greater! Pre-September 2001 these plates were always seen as ‘acceptable’. However, since the change in legislation people have become more conscious of putting them on their car.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have written a full article about this on our forum [/FONT]click here to view this article

Umm interesting.