ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front pad upgrades?

SchwepTek™
I know that most people rate DS2500 but i cant really afford £100 for a set of pads.

I have braided lines and Brembo HC discs to go on so what other pads can i use?

Greenstuff anygood?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got green stuff wanted ds2500 but was poor. i think there ok i havent got braided hoses but ive got hc discs

i've put Redstuffs in mine and they're much stronger than the OE pads once warmed. seem fine to me although, admittedly, haven't tracked them yet. had several sets of Greens on my last car and had no bother (road or track) although lots of people seem to struggle with them

someone posted yesterday to say that they'd managed to fade their Reds on road :)S); sounds as though something else is up to me though

Lionel Richie
i'll let you know a confirmed price tomorrow, but based on 10 people, off the top of my head it'll be sub £90 delivered

Audi TT
Just about bedded in a set of DS Performance pads that KTec sell now and although they pull the car up well they screech and there's a fair amount of dust as well from the fronts which is not ideal. Think the screeching will piss me off to the point of getting rid to be honest :(

Out of interest from those that know. The new discs and pads were fitted all round. I've noticed that at low speeds they seem to bite without me touching the pedal. By low speed I do mean when hardly even moving. If I describe it as when you are braking to a halt for some red lights and normally you'd let off the brake just before coming to a complete halt so that it is more smooth, at this very low speed they still seem to stop the car. With the wheels off the ground you can turn the wheels by hand but they certainly don't spin freely. Is this just because all new bits and is a little tight to begin with?

G

Lionel Richie
on the DS2500's you have to remove the shims in the carrier, and also file down the edges of the pads, otherwise the pads bind on and or squeal like hell

i would assume the DS performance would be the same

Focus RS Mk1
i have the DS2500's and im very happy. in fact i was that impressed by the DS2500 pads and HC discs that i think they are better than the highspec 4 pots i used to run on my saxo track car.

Audi TT
Ah. I had them fitted when I was down at AWT the other week but nothing was mentioned and no filing took place.

When you say shims in the carrier can you expand on that. Would it be obvious to see when looking at them what needs removing?

Here's a pic >
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2688

I'm waiting for some braided lines to turn up from KTEC so will need to have a fiddle round anyway. The original ones that turned up 1 of the fronts had a different thread on it :(

Cheers,

G

Lionel Richie
have a word with k-tec, i've never used DS "Performance" pads (road pad) i only ever use DS2500 and DS3000's from their race range

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I know that most people rate DS2500 but i cant really afford £100 for a set of pads.

I have braided lines and Brembo HC discs to go on so what other pads can i use?

Greenstuff anygood?

I have brembo max, braided lines and Greenstuff pads. Not very happy with greenstuff's tbh but i got them cheep so not too fussed. Definatly not for track used as they do fade alot but average-good for the road.

If i end up keeping my car i'd be up for the group buy on the ds2500's

PH1 172 Sport
I got some yellowstuffs cheaply the other day which I thought would last a bit better than my greenstuffs on the track. So far so good. Plenty of bite from cold and they are amazing once hot it feels like my eyballs are going to pop out if I brake hard. I can't get them to fade so all they have to do is last on the track in two weeks time!

Let me know Schweppy when you want to drive it, would have let you last night but it was in the garage.