ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speaker question.

Im wanting to replace the front speakers soon, but Im wondering whether to go for components or full range.

The speaker postions are very low down so id expect with full range speakers it would sound as though the musics coming from the floor. But the advantage being I dont have to take my car to pieces to fit some tweeters.

Has anyone heard components compared to full range in a 172 and is there much difference??

Thanks,

Stu.

HI STU, COMPONENTS WILL ALWAYS SOUND BETTER! VIRTUALLY ALL 13CM SPEAKERS WILL FIT AND ITS DEAD EASY JUST POP OFF THE GRILL AND UNDO FOUR SCREWS(THERE "TORX" SCREWS,IF YOU DONT HAVE A SCREW DRIVER OF THAT TYPE USE THE ONE IN THE TOOL KIT)UNDO THE CONNECTOR AND YOUR AWAY.LAST TIME I LOOKED AT PHILLIPS SPEAKERS THEY HAD THIS (ISO) CONNECTOR.TWEETERS+CROSSOVERS ARE ANOTHER THING,DUE TO NEAR IMPOSSIBLE ACCESS.I PUT THE TWEETER ON THE TRIM PANEL NEXT TO THE MIRRORS AND THE CROSS OVERS IN SIDE THE DOOR TRIM AT THE BACK.BUT ANOTHER WAY WOULD BE TO JUST BUY MID-RANGE SPEAKERS(EITHER BUY A X-OVER OR A GOOD CAR RADIO SHOP CAN MAKE YOU ONE)AND STILL USE THE FACTORY TWEETERS.SAVES A LOT OF HASSLE THIS WAY AND MAY WORK OUT CHEAPER.GOOD LUCK.