ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speakers not working. Please advise!

Black 172
Hi guys,

I have a 2002 172 with the standard audio equipment. Unfortunately my left front speaker isn't working at all, and the tweeter is barely audible at volume 15. The right tweeter doesn't seem to work at all but the rest of the speakers are fine. I have tested the two front speakers (not the tweeters as I have no idea how to get at them) and they are both fine, so I assume it's a connection fault as neither of them worked when plugged into the left side. I have also removed the HU and checked no wires are unplugged, which they weren't.

Any thoughts on what may be the problem and the best way to fix it?

Cheers, Jeff

Clio Mark 1 1.2
You may have burnt out the internal amp in the HU. I had this before although it was one side rather than fronts. Have you checked the fader? Not one of yr pals pissing about with it? I'd perhaps try swapping all connections round so front outlets are driving rear speakers, rear outlets driving front speakers, If the fault moves from the front to the rear then u know you,ve damaged the HU internally. Hope this helps!

Black 172
Cheers for that.

I just put in an old Pioneer HU I have lying around instead of the standard one to see if there is a difference, and hey presto the left speaker is working again. Still nothing from the front right tweeter though... My audio set up is a basket case!

I guess I'll just put up with it until I change my setup.

Btw, any thoughts for good 5 1/4 speakers for say, £40 a pair, to upgrade to? I know this has been done to death but I can't really find any difinitive answers through searching! Ta