ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Splitter Fitting Guide???

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi guys,
Anyone got a fitting guide for the front splitter? I've had a quick look at it and usually i'd say i'm quite good with hands on stuff but not a clue where to start with this. Where do the screws go? Do i take out the ones currently in?Any help appreciated
John

Current screws stay in, the grooves in the splitter should fit round them...

Work in progress pic here...

35097785-M.jpg

Basically its just a case of offering it into position, taping it on securely with masking tape (you may need to flex the splitter a bit for it to fit, this is the most important part as it can be quite tricky!) and then screwing it in with some self-tappers. Renault generally only put a few screws in, but put at least 6 in with plenty around the sides and you will be fine.

I managed to do it without raising the car (could barely get my head under!), and not to mention that I'm useless at anything remotely DIY, so trust me you can do it easily!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
as above, luckly I have a mate with his own garage so I used his ramp to raise the car to shoulder level and did it from there, so easy to then, lol!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
thanks guys most helpful,i've not got a ramp to put it on so its the hard way for me,lol.Should i drill a couple of pilot holes in the splitter to help the screws in? Will hopefully post some pics when attached in a few hrs!!
Thanks again
John

Dubai182 said:
thanks guys most helpful,i've not got a ramp to put it on so its the hard way for me,lol.Should i drill a couple of pilot holes in the splitter to help the screws in? Will hopefully post some pics when attached in a few hrs!!
Thanks again
John

Yes drill holes in the splitter first, when you put it on you just screw up into the bodywork.

I found a little incline on my driveway which I put the front wheels on, gave me an inch or so extra to get under the car. I've known people hang it off a kerb to do it as well.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I have admitted defeat...i simply could not get the screws into the bodywork,the space was just too small to work with. I've got the car on the ramps tomorrow so i'll fit it in the morning,thanks for all the help guys.
John

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
What sort of size self tappers are needed?....are there any cables or anything running along the bumper edge?

Thanks

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
did mine in 10 mins at front of house with hand moddelling drill and screw driver. Not hard with the right tools