ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front splitter

Clio 182
Last night i had a badger jump out in front of me and im sure you can put the rest together. It snapped half of my splitter clean off so i thought id just take the other half off until i can get another one. However i was speaking to a guy at the bodyshop and he said i cant take it off and i need to repair my current one or the bracket or something to fit the new one?? He may be right but i dont really understand what he was getting at and wondered if any of you could help me out?

Thanks

Nick

fat arctic ! sold yippee!
thats strange , i have snapped mine a few times! just take out screws and fit new one...body shop me thinks trying to make some easy money!

a thirsty one
my mate snapped his and he just ordered a new one from renault and we screwed it on with self tappers, 15 minute job (we did have access to ramps though)

Clio 182
well just actually had a look and yeh its just self tapping screws so ive taken it off untill i can afford a carbon fibre one. THanks for your help people :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I dont see why the splitter aint drilled to start with !!!

If its a replacement though, and the holes are already drilled...then you'd have redundant holes in splitter if the ones in bumper weren't re-useable.

Also cuts down on cost...imagine how much extra Renault would charge for drilling 6 holes??? (remember a pair of blanking plates is £55!!!!) :dead: