ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Spring Snapped

clio 172
ONE OF MY STANDARD SPRINGS SPANPPED TODAY (FRONT RIGHT) ANY ONE ELES HAD THIS?? I'V JUST ORDER A KONI 40MM SPORTS KIT.. GUNNA FIT MYSELF.. LETS HOPE IT DONT RAIN :cool:

clio 172
I was pushing the car to it's max wen this happend! but for a spring to snap!! (in half) i'v had many sports cars and never had this! i did read that the rear springs can snap.. any 1 got the koni 40mm drop set up. on there 172??

It's a semi common problem.

Most manurfacturers have had the problem Merc etc its due to them being made with impurities in them by accident noone knew thill they started failing.

ph1 172
when i got my valver i thought sombody had decided to lower it only on one side. The bottom coil on one of the springs had cracked off

clio 172
I REMBER WEN I WAS 17 I HAD THIS CAVIE SRI (MY FIRST CAR) I WANTED TO LOWER IT BIG TIME! CUS I HAD NO MONEY I DESIDED TO GET THE OXY-ACETYLENE OUT ON THE SPRINGS .LOL.. THE CAR LOOKED GOOD!! BUT HOW F..K..G "Dangerous"LOL NEVER AGAIN!! SPRINGS LOOKED LIKE THEY WANTED TO JUMP OUT...

RenaultSport clio 172
yes twice car went in for mot last year to a renault main dealer and it failed on front drivers side because it snapped, then took it for mot yesterday and the other sides snapped because main dealer did'nt change the pair.

J

Jim NM

It happened to me when I owned a Sierra (Blush) Not a difficult job to do.

Have to do both sides though! otherwise you will have uneveness.