ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front suspension setup

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
After some advice on what is best for some track use.

At present I have PMS top mounts and strut brace along with full progoex black series bushes but unsure as to what suspension setup would be best.

And decent coilovers or springs people have used? Budget isn't massive just after some reliability and a bit of track fun.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Have you been on trackday before?

What's the budget? What's it like now?
Are you adding tyres into the mix?
Brakes. What ya got?

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
Sorry shouldn't clarified I did have standard cup shocks and eibach springs.

Tyre wise I have 15 inch ozf1 with r888, standard but brand new front calipers with drilled and grooved discs.

If you haven't already then try a trackday with what you already have. That will give you a baseline for comparison and will guide you on future mods. Suspension setup is a very personal thing and what works for others might not work for you.

Having said that, here is my (personal) opinion. You already have the top mounts which would be my first port of call. Camber bolts are cheap and camber is almost universally accepted as valuable on track. A rear arb will stiffen the rear to help you turn in. Do all of those first before changing springs or struts.