ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front tyres

Just went to get my tracking checked and my fronts are pretty dead.. ok to put on back for a while etc but no good as fronts anymore..

they are pirelli p6000s and i got them end of january this year... is that unusual ? or is it my unique driving style that has done this ? :)

oh i meant to add that i do about 1000 miles a month i reckon...

Clio 197

If the tyres are worn out, replace them.

If it is just the outer edges that are worn down due to cornering, and there is still legal tread in the middle, just switch them to the rear.

If the tread is evenly worn to minimum across the tyre, this would be a bad move as you will have a serious oversteer condition in the wet.

yeah its the edges..... fair enough....could be down to my cornering :D

is it not more sensible (costs aside) to just buy some new fronts and let me chew through those ???

the rears seem pretty much unmarked really....

DONT swop them round. I did and it was probably he main reason why the back of my car lost grip going round a bend and put my car into the hedge on the other side of the road facing the way I came.

The Clio needs all the grip it needs at the back going round bends. The front had a huge greta engine (even more so in a 172) and the back has nothing.

I dont know how you drive and if you would get into the same sort of problem that I did crashing the car but replace them it will cost less than having a crash and the risk of injouring others is worth it. You will only regret not getting new tyres when you crash.

EDD